Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

wow just killed some time this evening reading through this thread. what a great write up and documentation of this build!! seriously dude you really own the phrase built not bought. probably one of the nicest EXs ive seen on here. inspired me to start working on building up my ex again. keep on...
  2. M

A good roof rack idea?

wow that exhaust is really sweet haha the rack looks great with those lights too. thats a good looking, tastefully modified truck
  3. M

Glasspack on 97 mountaineer

i had a glass pack on my 4.0 ex. the pipes were dual as well and at the time i couldn't find a y pipe so i did something so ghetto I'm embarrassed about it... i bought a dual exhaust tip from auto zone and made it work as a y pipe and used about a dozen reducers to make the pipes match up haha...
  4. M

Troubleshooting the 5r55 transmission for dummies

My door code is D which for my year on the charts says it is a 5r55e and my owners manual says in its charts that the trans is a 5r55e but it also shows the dipstick in its illustrations under the hood and I do.have one. So what does that mean? I highly doubt its anything aftermarket. Could it...
  5. M

Troubleshooting the 5r55 transmission for dummies

i have a trans dipstick on my 99xlt i think its a 5r55. its a 4.0sohc. does having the dipstick mean its not a 5r55?
  6. M

List of Useful Threads Everything I know about the M5OD-R1 & BW1354M

i was going to save and get it brand new from fordparts.com unless i can find a good condition one for a good price and rebuild it. im reserching alot of the parts you mention it the second post on page one and making a spreadsheet now. mines a 99 xlt 4door. the trans i have now is the 4r55e i...
  7. M

List of Useful Threads Everything I know about the M5OD-R1 & BW1354M

Hey I'm gonna eventually do this swap most likely over this summer. Do you have any idea on what the whole total cost was?
  8. M

What's Your Excuse!!

when ever i really nneed to get something done its either dark, raining or both and we still do it and need to redo it the next day
  9. M

help! electrical problems.

problem fixed! i had a license plate frame that lit up blue. the power wires going into it like right were in goes into the unit were melted together and still hot since i just tested it. they fell right off werent even connected to the frame anymore but it was positive and ground touching. i...
  10. M

hids went on simply and yes its a 99 xlt with the bumber that had the fogs. hids worked great for about a year now everything was done right the only extra wiring that was not stock still was for the headlights which still works. the issue I'm having now includes the taillights parking lights...
  11. M

I did about a year ago they worked amazing til now.
  12. M

Ok so this happens last night when I got outa work. Turn the car on no lights or gauge lights. I have the auto lights on so I turned it off and used the switch. No fog lights but my headlights went on still no dashlights. Here's what info I have 99 explorer xlt H.I.d. foglights Checked my...
  13. M

Who's in NJ? Where?

i heard they shutdown splitrock something with the road or the bridge collapsing :thumbdwn:
  14. M

supercharging my 4.0

I want to do this along with the 5spd manual swap. I already printed out a thread with everything you need to know and a parts list on the tranny swap. Anyone got a complete parts list for the supercharger build? Including bolts/hardware and all that.
  15. M

Who's in NJ? Where?

Rockaway nj not many explorer buds here but loads of gearheads
  16. M

what is this?

Heater and or a/c for the rear just look at the hose on the top. The stock amp would be in the dash. If you have one I did my system and I didn't have a stock amp of any sort
  17. M

2003 Explorer 4.0 engine noise under load

i have a 99 4.0 was hearing some similar noises but mostly at idle. i knew my timing chain was shot i actually ending up dropping a good amount of cash and got a brand new engine with updated specs and more durable design of critical parts such as the infamous weak timing chain system. its been...
  18. M

EGR SYSTEM REMOVE bad or good ?

I too wanna clean up under the hood. I think I actually need a new one mine may be dirty or clogged. I decided its better for the engine to keep it ill just paint it chrome to look nice when I get the new one to match the Chrome headers I'm putting on soon
  19. M

Matty's 2003 XLT Transform

the rims look sweet good job on the plasti dip i wanna plasti dip mine i just used wheel paint to do em black ill jus used aircraft paint remover and re do it with plasti dip
  20. M

fender flares meaning paint them black the look faded i did mine in just black bumber / trim spray paint you can find at any auto parts store or even walmart
  21. M

a black mesh grille would look sweet and black fender flares
  22. M

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Q's

right the two piece on one side is for alignment reasons. i dont get it but it works and makes it easy to replace bushing or even grease the ball joints. you cant tell by looking at it you dont need to take the tires off just turn the wheel and the in one direction so you can see it easier. you...
  23. M

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Q's

Timing chain is a pain I actually replaced the whole engine when mine went. How I checked to see if it was going was take off the oil pan. I found Orange plastic pieces in the bottom which ended up being the guides. As far as the O/D I just don't touch mine its default on and I just leave it be...
  24. M

'98 XLT 5.0 Frame Off Restoration

hey man looks good so far love to see em restored. i was thinking of doing this over the summer just not as extensive as you went . or maybe even doing it in sections like under hood first the interior of something . well ill have to start the thread when i get around to it. if you got any tips...
  25. M

Looking for advice? 99 EB bad tranny and timing chain rattle

on my 99 i just did fluid flush filter change and some lucas oil additive for the trans and the runs great cant even feel the shifting. however my engine was a different story i let the timing chain issue go and ended up slipping a few teeth on the cams and ruining the engine. i had it replaced...
Back