Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Explorer Refresh Pushed Back to 2025 MY

https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/ford-explorer-refresh-pushed-back-to-2025-model-year-exclusive/ Production of the 2024 model is expected to only last a total of two months.
  2. K

Chicago Production Suspended Beginning Feb 7th

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/02/05/ford-production-cuts-chip-shortage/
  3. K

Oil Fill & Dipstick Hard To Reach

I still like to change my own oil. I was struck by how hard to reach the oil fill and dipstick are on this generation's 2.3L. I really have to lean over the grille far to reach them, plus the strut tower brace doesn't help. I imagine at the quickie lube places everyone's fenders are getting...
  4. K

Goodbye Ex

After 3 great years with the Ex and 1 final bad year, I finally had enough and traded her in on a heavily discounted Durango. I will miss her, and I'm kind of sad to buy something other than a Ford in over 20 years, but the Durango just seemed like the most bang for the buck. Goodbye all!
  5. K

Torque Converter Fails Twice in 1 Year?

The same symptoms are reappearing that led my dealer to replace my TC a year ago under extended warranty. Slight RPM surges in overdrive under low load. Occaisional shuddering when upshifting into 5th and a few times it's shuddered slightly during the RPM surge in 6th. Also it seems to...
  6. K

Found the Source of my Suspension Vibration

Or at least I hope so. I've had the vibration longer than I've noticed this blown bushing so maybe there's something else going on down there. Will find out this weekend when I plan to replace end links and sway bar bushings. Anyone do this job on an '06+? Looks fairly easy. Here's the...
  7. K

Am I Crazy to Replace These Tires?

Vehicle is used by my wife to cart the kids around. 40,000 miles and 3 1/2 years on the tires. Couple of gouges in the sidewall. Doesn't appear to dig deep into the white underlayer, but still a little concerning. Of bigger concern is the weather cracking around the entire perimeter at the...
  8. K

Road Vibrations Through Steering Wheel / Floorboards

I have excess road vibrations (not tire wobble) coming through the steering wheel, pedals and floorboards. Definitely something loose down there. I had the front suspension checked out by a tire place a few months ago and they found nothing loose or excessively worn. So I probably just have...
  9. K

Steering Vibration & Steering Rack Noise

Since I had some major engine work (head gaskets) done over a month ago I've noticed more road noise-type vibrations coming up through the steering wheel and maybe some in the pedals too. The steering is not noticeably looser necessarily, but it's just more vibration as if something is loose...
Back