Chicago Production Suspended Beginning Feb 7th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chicago Production Suspended Beginning Feb 7th

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting but I heard this weekend that CAP is essentially sold out of the 22MY production due to supply constraints associated with ongoing shortages. They are apparently continuing to delete or delay certain options like 2nd row heated seats will get a blank plate over the rear console switch location and when parts become available the dealers will install after delivery. Apparently 23MY will start production earlier than normal.

Anyone take delivery recently with a blank plate on rear of console?

..................................................... Apparently 23MY will start production earlier than normal.....................................
Nothing as to a potential date I guess? The 2023 Aviator is slated to start production on May 30th.

Peter

Nothing as to a potential date I guess? The 2023 Aviator is slated to start production on May 30th.

Peter

I'm not hearing a date but was told in a "couple months" so your May 30th date is probably accurate. We have Ford Police Advisory Board meetings in Chicago May 16/17th so I will know more then and update accordingly.

Interesting but I heard this weekend that CAP is essentially sold out of the 22MY production due to supply constraints associated with ongoing shortages. They are apparently continuing to delete or delay certain options like 2nd row heated seats will get a blank plate over the rear console switch location and when parts become available the dealers will install after delivery. Apparently 23MY will start production earlier than normal.

We picked up our 2022 ST on March 6th, it has the rear heated seats. No blank plate.

Yeah I wonder how/when/if dealers will get these units for sold units to upfit. Also, what if an owner sells their unit before the part if available... will second owner be able to get the upfit done still at no charge? I get it but what a C F

Explorers arriving at dealers on March 16th were all missing the rear controls. This is the document I signed agreeing to the credit, part removal, and eventual replacement.

57BAD1AD-73CC-4635-98FD-A994003F6D83.jpeg 4B5E3DFC-3A2B-4A43-96FF-C03798F2A433.jpeg

Back