Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What can I buy a gauge pod for my explorer?

Where do they sell 1st Gen pillars? I've seen them, but not often. I'm also confused when sellers list 93-99 rangers for instance...just how much different is a 93 interior from a 91 explorer up front??
  2. S

Upgraded Mass Airflow Sensor

Get a mustang maf and have it recalibrated to your specs. It's the best bet because it's easier for a tuner to work with and the program is also more consistent. I wouldn't worry about one though unless you plan on doing forced induction.
  3. S

Info: 1991 Owners Manual

Thanks for that! I was wondering what my compression ratio was and had no trouble finding it. Great resource! :thumbsup:
  4. S

rattling noise from engine when under load

your engine could be misfiring, tune-up wouldn't hurt.
  5. S

Installing gauges

hey i'm gonna be getting a transmission gauge soon too, what kind did you buy? Autometer, APC,? etc.
  6. S

Supercharger Installed!!

Rofl, I just haven't really thought about it before. I read the section a while back about becoming elite, but I was tired and misread and thought it said a $30 monthly fee. Just now reread it and realized my mistake...woops! :o :D . So yeah, I'm definitely becoming an elite!
  7. S

Supercharger Installed!!

I need to get a site where I can store my pics. What do you all use? Is it free? Anyone familiar with Snapfish?
  8. S

Check out this customized X!!

I've never seen a rear of a vehicle look so bad.
  9. S

remote entry 94 xlt

I don't think keyless came on first gens. If your '94 has an aftermarket alarm, then the remote was probably just lost. Otherwise, if you want keyless entry you'd need to have it installed.
  10. S

Supercharger Installed!!

Back from the test drive. I went by a friends and then on a snack run. Man this thing is cool! Haha. It sounds so...badass! The KKM, Gibson, and S/C compliment each other well :D. About 3k rpm this thing really gets a roar. However it's in quite a need for a dyno tune, it bogs and...
  11. S

Supercharger Installed!!

Finally! A lotta hard work and frustrations but she's in, and the truck started up and idled. No leaks and so I'm heading out for the test drive. I'll try to post up some pics as soon as I can, but right now I'm so excited and I gotta go test drive the thing :D. They'll be some smaller...
  12. S

how to tirn off check engine light?

Cleaned the MAS filaments? ?it could just be a bad sensor?
  13. S

What length Pushrod in the 1991 OHV?

I'm in the middle of putting in new rocker arms and pushrods. i can measure one of mine tomorrow, but I'd also just call Delta Camshaft (deltacam.com) to get a specific answer (or to order if that's why u need the measurement ;)).
  14. S

check out my 91 explorer

:cool: Looks good especially with the wheels/tires
  15. S

Motorcraft Sparkplugs

Anyone here using Motorcraft AGSF22C plugs? I'm getting ready to install a V-1 Supercharger and Doug recommended that I get some new plugs and use agsf22c's.
  16. S

a4ld transmission

You could buy mine! :)
  17. S

Moonroof

I wish I had a 302... :( :p
  18. S

Truck completely teflon'd, detailed, etc

I get the impression that teflon is a better sealant than other polymer sealants? Is it? My neighbor gets his Mercedes E-class (it's a '95) tefloned and detailed about once a a year, and it looks immaculate :cool:
  19. S

Old Cadillac Motor question

You should just look for a Cadillac with a 13.6L V-16 ;)
  20. S

05 superduty f250 or 05 gmc sierra 2500hd

It also has more power. I read somewhere that it also has the best braking in its class.
  21. S

Truck completely teflon'd, detailed, etc

Wow, that is inredible!
  22. S

Best All-Around Tire?

Pirelli Scorpion A/T I have 31x10.5s and I love them. Night and day difference from my previous "all-season" Generals. Those things were terrible. The Pirelli's have a smooth ride and they handle great in good and bad weather. They also look good lol :cool: . Dueler Revo's are also a...
  23. S

Painting Ventshades

Yeah, I think I am going to leave my Ventshades alone for now. This masking and sanding thing is taking me forever though :frustrate. Anyone have any tips for hopefully speeding this up? I'm using newspaper to cover small areas and the windows. I also have a roll of painter's plastic for larger...
  24. S

Painting Ventshades

I would be painting mine to match my trim
  25. S

Painting Ventshades

I'm painting my exterior trim around the windows and rearviews, etc. I was thinking that instead of masking off my ventshades, maybe I should just paint them to match the trim. Right now they are almost the same tone as my tinted windows, so they would probably look alright even I left them...
Back