Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

I just tackled the fresh air door problem on my 03 this weekend and actually replaced the door to its original location and operation. After removing the screws from the fresh air box, prying the box open and shimming it and getting the fresh air door out, I simply cut a slit in the debris...
  2. A

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Hello dpierri; Before you do anything with the rear bearings you should first add some friction modifier to the rear differential to see if that fixes the problem. I also thought my rear bearing was grinding until I read about this problem on this forum. Kept hearing a grinding sound mostly...
  3. A

Replaced front wheel bearing, but still have a noise.. your opinion?

Hey Curtis, before I checked I would have sworn that my drivers side bearing was the the one making the noise but found out that the passenger side bearing was looser by far. I change them both while I was at it and found drivers side was overheating so it was a good thing I got it also. I now...
  4. A

Changed both front hub/bearing assemblies on my 2003 Exp Sport yesterday. Not too bad of a job using the posts by SyberTiger as a guide. Using the spindle removal tool was a must to gaining easy access to the 3 hub retainer bolts. The most difficult part of the operation was removal of the hub...
  5. A

AC Cycling on and off

My AC was doing the same thing until I charged it up. Actually was a good thing as I also found out that my idle control valve need to be replaced as the AC cycling on and off caused to car to shut off while idling in drive. Killed two birds at one time!
  6. A

Just received by MOOG front hubs yesterday and everything looks in order. Came with abs sensor, wire clip and new hub and caliper bolts. Bolts donot have the yellow thread lock so I will use red loctite on the hub bolts. Total came out to $134 each with tax after 15% discount and free...
  7. A

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

My wire loom was really not that dirty so I just wiped it clean. I would think brakleen should work just fine since no adhesive is involved. I would be sure to let it dry completely if you plan to use liquid wire coating as I did or it willnot take.
  8. A

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Thanks to this thread I was able to get this issue resolved on my truck before anything bad happen. The insulation on my red wire in the loom had been abraided away to the point where I could see about a millimeter of the copper wire exposed. I first pushed the retainer bracket up about 1/4...
  9. A

2002 XLT 4x4 Has Noise When Cornering...

My 03 has the same issue. Almost like the sensor is trying to slow the left rear wheel down until the vehicle gets moving. I had my differential fluid changed and the sensor replaced last year and that seemed to help though it never really stopped and now my ABS light is popping on again. I...
  10. A

How to replace the front wheel bearings on a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT.

Seems like there should be or should have been a safety recall on these bearings. Does anyone know if Ford issues maintenance bulletins on these bearings? I need to replace my bearings also.
  11. A

Stalling problem fixed

This information was very helpful in saving me time and effort in correcting the idle problem with my 2003 Exp 4.6. I was going to just order the part from Autozone until I read this thread and decide to spend the extra money and get the Motorcraft part. Glad I did. Ordered online and picked...
Back