Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

5.0 Motor Swap

hi yall, im looking for a 2nd gen AWD explorer that i can swap my 98 5.0 engine into. what were the changes through out the 2nd gen 5.0? any specific years i should look for to make it easier to swap?
  2. 9

98 5.0 2wd to 4x4 conversion help

Thanks Yall thanks for the info. but i think im gonna go another route. Actually 97-01 f150 4.6 most came standard with 4r70w also some of the 5.4s came with it. TS(transmission) code U if i replaced the output shaft id have to do a complete tranny rebuild not really worth the time...
  3. 9

well you trying to be an A$$ still didnt answer my question, ive read all those threads before, not one of them answer my question...
  4. 9

i found a 4r70w 4x4 trans and bw4406 manual tranfercase out of an f150 at the local JY for 450. my question is it should bolt right up? will i have to change the crossmember?? will i have to make an extension to the tranfer case shifter i have the 3in body lift
  5. 9

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

from a full sized chevy took off brush guard just needs skid plate and some other mods.
  6. 9

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

hi yall, I got a 98' Ex 5.0 with 2wd, that im converting to 4x4 and doing a SAS. im picking up a 4x4 4r70w trans and a BW 4406 with everything attached out of the same truck a wrecked 98/99 f150 w/ 110xxxMiles for $450 . i didnt read if anyone has a 3 in body lift with this transfer case if so...
  7. 9

My 2wd 1998 xlt lift spindles and SOA project

Are these the ones you got? if not you think these would work right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2010-Ford-Ranger-Edge-4-Front-Lift-Kit-Spindles-Truck-Sport-/380717569457
  8. 9

Looking for 98-01 4 door Rack and pinion

Looking to buy someones old 98-2001 Explorer 4 Door Rack and pinion. mines leaking really bad and looking for a used one until i do my SAS.
  9. 9

Fl explorers

If you don't have facebook there's a social group for fl explorers in the community section of this site. We are planning a group trip to withlocoochee state forest in the fall.
  10. 9

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

i guess i was late to this party.....:( and i just put in my 3 in body lift. how much do they cost regular price? and what is the number i call to place an order? anyone know if they will be doing this again?
  11. 9

Fl explorers

Hey everyone, weve made a group on Facebook called Florida Explorers, if you Live in FL join up, We talk about current builds, asking questions, Meet Ups, Events... ect.
  12. 9

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

hey yall, down here in FL me and bunch guys made a FL Explorer Group on Facebook, me and another guy are doing our 3in body lifts, we got our kits but need to know what size bolts we need? i dont remember but i read somewhere on the 4 door explorers the bolts are way too long? some help would be...
  13. 9

3in Body lift help?

For anyone who has done their 3 in body lift with the PA 883, What are the size bolts i will need. i remember reading somewhere that the bolts for this kit wont work that they are too long. anyone know the exact sizes i need? is there anything else?
  14. 9

HELP 3in BodyLift Questions

Reading the all the instructions again for the bodylift instructions on the Thread. i noticed when i pulled out my parts they look completely different to the pictures posted, i order the same exact kit, is it just that mine is a more updated version of the same kit? also i read somewhere...
  15. 9

new head unit bad reception

do you have a power antenna... if so you need an extra wire so you can you use your new head unit
  16. 9

What major to get if you want to be an automotive technician?

i think going to school would be waste if just starting out. i think the best bet would be get a job at a shop as a basic general service tech learn the basics and shadow the techs until you become more familiar if that is something you want to do before just going to school. if you enjoy it...
  17. 9

truck wont start, help!

need more info but can be bad starter, bad fuel pump, spark plugs, fuel filter ect.
  18. 9

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

oh yeah duhhh, idk what i was thinking dual pistons werent til late 80s but yeah Awesome built i wish i could just have you do all the work for me but i know its gnna be just me and couple buds. this week im hitting up a few junkyards to find me some good axles to tear up.... wish me luck. i...
  19. 9

I have a Question turboexplorer Why did you go with a Single Piston Caliper vs a Twin Piston Caliper? Wont the Twin piston caliper have a wider range on the pad to stop more efficiently with more stopping power...plus with the twin piston caliper the diameter of the Rotor is not limited to the...
  20. 9

I was just Saving up money for this same concept, just happend to come cross this thread. might be borrowing some ideas but i have couple changes hear and there i have to make since im in Florida and we dont have rocks to climb we have swamps, beaches, and BackWoods
  21. 9

'98 XLT 5.0 Frame Off Restoration

Any Plans on Replacing the Body Mounts? i really want to see what your engine looks like with the painted parts replaced. i wish i had somewhere to tear my truck apart, if i tried to put my truck on jackstands for more than one day code enforcement rolls by and the threatens with a ticket.
  22. 9

A/C pump bypass serpentine belt size?

i have the 98 explorer with 5.0L my ac compressor went, and i got the bypass pulley, kept same belt size works fine.
Back