Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Sounds like it's going to stall while idling

That's exactly what was happening to me, so I will mention this at my appointment. Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you make out.
  2. B

Thanks all for the feedback and advice. I have an appointment coming up soon and am going to have it checked out. I haven't been able to replicate the problem, unfortunately. I'll be sure to update this thread when I'm back from the dealership next week..
  3. B

I have a '13 Explorer Limited with about 19,000 miles. I'm currently traveling and about 4 hours away from home. On the way to my destination, my car sounded like it was close to stalling while idle and the lights in the car would dim during that time when it was about to stall. It never did...
  4. B

What did you pay for your 2013 Explorer limited?

My sticker price was $49,750. I paid $44,000.
  5. B

What did you pay for your 2013 Explorer limited?

Is it just me, or does your thread not show your sticker price, rebates, money down, negative/positive trade amount, and on the road price?
  6. B

Would you ... 2013 Ford Ex XLT .or 2011 Chev Tahoe LTZ?...

It's true that Ford didn't participate in the $80b bailout, but they did ask for and received $9b in federal money from the US government in 2009, $6b of which is still outstanding. They also lobbied for the bailout to happen in the first place, in addition to the cash-for-clunkers program...
  7. B

Horn Beeps On Exit

Hmm, I don't either unless it came pre-installed in October. If I remember correctly, the update came out in November, so that would rule that out. For options, I have everything except rear DVD in headrests. The build date is interesting. I wonder if others affected have build dates around...
  8. B

Horn Beeps On Exit

Oh, I missed that from his post; I see that now. Well, hopefully someone on this forum or at Ford is able to shed some light on the subject. Overall, it's a minor nuisance, but would be nice to resolve!
  9. B

Horn Beeps On Exit

I just tried testing this out again. For me, the 'Quiet Start' option under 'Remote Start' being ON/OFF didn't matter. Steps to reproduce: 1. With the key in pocket at all times, get into the vehicle and start it up. 2. Exit the vehicle and shut the driver door. You do not need to walk...
  10. B

Horn Beeps On Exit

My 2013 Limited does. I posted a thread about this earlier. It's extremely annoying. It has been suggested to leave a key somewhere in the car so if you exit, it won't chirp, but I don't think that's a great solution. This and how easy the high beams are to activate while using the blinker...
  11. B

Radius of the key fob is what, 2 feet?

Thanks for the responses. Understood that I can leave a key in the car, but that's pretty inconvenient, especially when I'm just going in the backseat to get something or opening the lift gate. I mean, I'm not actually going anywhere, so I would think the key should still detect it. Oh well...
  12. B

Radius of the key fob is what, 2 feet?

Hi, all. New '13 Limited owner and love the vehicle. A few quirks that I'm trying to work out, such as the keyless entry system. If I get out of the vehicle for any reason whatsoever (e.g., drop off a DVD at a RedBox, open up the rear doors or open up the lift gate to throw something in the...
  13. B

Long distance trailing?

Ah, that's great to hear. I'll probably be towing about 2,500 miles each way the same. I was looking into towing my Rubicon on a car trailer, but I think that just might be too much stress based on the people I've spoken to. Looks like the 5x8 enclosed is an option. Thanks for that.
  14. B

Long distance trailing?

Thanks for the info. I know the story behind U-Haul/Explorers, but was just using it as an example as I can't think of any other companies! I was more interested in knowing if people actually tow long distances. The links are great! Thanks for that, I found a few when searching about what...
  15. B

Long distance trailing?

Hi, all. I'm just curious if anyone has hauled something decent size over 2,000 - 3,000 miles roundtrip? I'll be spending winters out of town in random parts of the country and towing with me perhaps a uhaul trailer or even a car trailer, but wanted to know if the Explorer would be able to even...
  16. B

2011 or 2013? What's the difference?

Ah, didn't see this. Thanks for that, appreciate it!
  17. B

2011 or 2013? What's the difference?

Hi All, I've been considering ordering a new 2013 Explorer Limited fully loaded, however I found a 2011 with low miles that has all of the same options. This begs the question: what are the differences between a 2011 and 2013 fully loaded Explorer Limited? I'm not familiar enough with the...
  18. B

Towing Package with Rear Back up Camera

Thanks for the welcome and well wishes! You're definitely right. I've been part of other forums in the past that weren't quite as welcoming, so it's greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to post pictures of my new vehicle when it's ordered and delivered! Thanks again.
  19. B

That's great, glad to hear it works the same way. I hate when you get one thing that bumps the usability of something else. Thanks for clearing that up!
  20. B

Hi All, New member here and did a search, but couldn't find anything with my specific model in mind. I'm in the market for a '13 Explorer Limited and plan on getting it with all of the options. I want the towing package, but I see that there is a separate back up sensor that comes along...
  21. B

Greetings from New England

Hi, all. New member here from Massachusetts, but I've been lurking for a while. I'm going to be purchasing a '13 Explorer Limited soon and figured this would be a great resource to learn the vehicle quicker or deal with any potential issues. Great site and I know how nice of a community it is...
Back