Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Water Leak

I believe the problem is in having the large panoramic glass roof. I think there is too much flexing because of the large hole in the roof. When I had the leak repaired the service writer told me some of the drain holes "weren't lined up." I had to have the large panel replaced due to a severe...
  2. H

Water Leak

I had a 2013 Explorer XLT until 2 weeks ago. It was my first (and last) Ford. I really liked it until I had to have the panoramic glass replaced due to rattling. Then the leak started, coming in from the driver's side rear. I found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZ5qYFzPOw I...
  3. H

Water Leak

Water Leak solved I just traded my water leak for a new Jeep Cherokee.
  4. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Rattle/Water leak I'm posting this here because I had the moon roof panel completely replaced two months ago to fix the rattle and then developed a water leak in the rear driver's side. Just got my 2013 XLT back from the dealer after 2 days. Service manager stated there were some drain holes...
  5. H

Water Leak

Roof leak Just got mine back from the dealer after 2 days. Service manager stated there were some drain holes "clogged" and one was "out of alignment." This is 2 months after the rear moon roof panel was completely replaced. I'm thinking that vehicles that have these big vista type roofs just...
  6. H

Water Leak

This isn't good If you look at post 29 in the thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307130 , you'll see I had the whole rear glass panel replaced. We just had a bad down pour and I was out in it. Came home and was getting some things out of the back and noticed water and...
  7. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

This isn't good If you look at post #29 in the thread, you'll see I had the whole rear glass panel replaced. We just had a bad down pour and I was out in it. Came home and was getting some things out of the back and noticed water and water marks on the (inside) left side. The water was coming...
  8. H

Problems with Gas Fill

Followed Jeff's directions from above and found the diffuser filled with a web. Cleared it out but still have the "check Fill Spout" light and now a check engine symbol. I've scheduled it with the dealer in a couple of days. Was told my gas tank should be at half full for them to get a proper...
  9. H

"Check Fuel Fill Inlet" light

I wouldn't be surprised if it is spiders. Right now they're all over my yard. I'll have to check out the fuel fill vent for webs. Not right now though since we're under a tornado watch! :eek:
  10. H

"Check Fuel Fill Inlet" light

Can anyone tell me why this indicator would be coming on? Everything looks OK.
  11. H

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

DRL activation Yes, just the amber parking lights come on in the front but I think they're pretty visible. No charge for activation either.
  12. H

DRL activated Had previously asked my dealer to activate the DRL and was told by the service writer my vehicle was "not equipped with DRL." While in this week for a rattle and replacement of the rear moon roof glass, I showed them the instructions as posted here on the forum. I now have DRL...
  13. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Rattle Update Just picked up the Explorer from my dealer. RATTLE is GONE. They replaced the entire rear moon/sun roof glass. I also asked them to activate my DRL after showing them the instructions posted on here. I had asked them previously during an oil change and was told my vehicle "was not...
  14. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Replacing moon roof No sooner had I posted about awaiting Ford's approval I got a call from my dealer. Approval for replacement of the back moon roof has been granted. Parts won't be in for a week or two........ Stay tuned
  15. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

RATTLE UPDATE: Dropped off the Explorer at the dealer yesterday. Got a call in the afternoon from the service writer. He wants to replace the large moon roof but has to get the OK from Ford. Hope they approve and the fix works. Aaaahhh!
  16. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I go back 9/11. Don't like the thought of them possibly having to pull the big sun roof out. When I press on the glass it stops the rattle. It will rattle when I close a door! :mad:
  17. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Sun Roof rattle update Finally had my '13 XLT in for the fuel leak recall and asked my dealer to look into the rattle. They could not duplicate the rattle at first and I took a tech for a ride and we couldn't duplicate it either! We thought that maybe it was a plastic piece that sits under...
  18. H

Had my '13 XLT in for fuel line recall and oil change and asked them to enable my DRL. Was told that my car is "not equipped with DRL." Didn't feel like going round and round with the service writer so I dropped it. Will look into installing my own.
  19. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

PM sent, thanks.
  20. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

The rattle is there in any configuration but isn't as loud when the moon/sun roof is all the way open.
  21. H

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Moon Roof rattle Our 2013 XLT is my first Ford and have been very happy until this serious rattle started in the moon roof area about a month ago. Bought the car about 1 year ago and have almost 11,000 miles. I'm waiting for my dealer to get the fuel leak recall parts in and will have them...
Back