Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Door wire harness

Drivers side door. Problem with running them with the old is I have no idea where they go without really tearing apart the inside. I don't want to tear things down if I don't have to. I just wanted to know how the wires are routed so I only have to take apart what I have to.
  2. M

Door wire harness

I have an 02 XLS and am having issues with the wiring between the door and cab. What I want to do is just run a brand new ground cable but I see that I will have to remove a bit of items on the inside around the parking brake. Is there any kind of detailed pictures with how the wiring is routed...
  3. M

Drivers side speaker

It's gotta be a wire in the harness. I had the entire door pulled apart and was holding the speaker plugged in. Just wiggling the wires I could get it to cut in and out. I initially thought it was in the plug, bought an adapter so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. I cut it and soldered the wires...
  4. M

Drivers side speaker

The speaker on my drivers side right now cut's in and out. Sometimes when it cuts out, I turn just flick the volume up and it comes back on. Other times it is completely off. Sometimes it will stay on and play ok. I just in the past 20 minutes put Type R replacements all around. Checked all the...
  5. M

02 V6 starting issue

Been having a weird problem lately with my 02 v6 starting. Most of the time it starts just fine. Once in a great while it will just crank and not fire. Just now it would start to sputter like it was going to start but never turned all the way over. After a few minutes I turned the key and it...
  6. M

Front & Rear Shock & Spring Assembly (Quick Strut) from 1 A Auto

Ya there is obviously lots to choose from but just throwing it out there for the Monroe. Can't beat it for the price plus the ride is good.
  7. M

They are complete. I have those on all 4 right now.
  8. M

I got monroe struts all around for 100 each. Original ride quality ones and they are great. No need to spend more then double the price.
  9. M

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

So quick question. I replaced my upper arms today, along with lower and a bunch of other stuff. I noticed on the passenger side that it only had 1 of those centering shims. The drivers side had both front and rear. I got this used a few years ago so no idea on its past. All I did for now was...
  10. M

Front Hubs

Thank you both.
  11. M

Front Hubs

I am in the process of ordering basically all new suspension pieces for the front of my 02 explorer xls. Control arms, struts, pads/rotors. I want to replace the bearings as well since I will have it all apart. I understand it to be a hub so that means the bearings are all pressed in. I ordered...
  12. M

How reliable are these cars?

120k and other then regular items such as brakes, bearings, fluids, no issues.
  13. M

How reliable are these cars?

How reliable it is depends very much on how well YOU maintain it and take care of it. Could be 500k miles or could be 50k. It's all up to you.
  14. M

Rear panel removal

I took mine to a shop and they said a glass guy has to come out and replace it. It was because of the design by ford that it wasn't just a panel they could pop on and off. 400 dollar estimate to have the entire thing done, includes new piece and painted to match
  15. M

Solved Alternator issue.

Thanks Joe, worked out fine and made it home. Already replaced and its working fine now.
  16. M

Solved Alternator issue.

It's a optima red top
  17. M

Solved Alternator issue.

On my drive to work I think my alternator went bad. Battery drained and would not recharge. I was wondering if I get it jumped if I could drive it back home? It's about 15 minutes. I know it's super easy to change but it's raining here and id rather get it to my garage.
  18. M

Fluid pump

The book actually says 1.5quarts in the rear diff. It's an 02 XLS.
  19. M

Fluid pump

For adding fluid. Want to change the rear diff oil but need to have it pumped in
  20. M

Fluid pump

Been searching but to no avail. Looking for just a portable small pump for fluids, mostly oil. I see these cheap little 12v ones for like 20-30 dollars but the reviews are terrible on them. Just want a pump on the affordable side for pumping fluid every so often.
  21. M

Oil starved and metal shavings

id stay away from the harbor freight crap. My neighbor bought a lift a few weeks ago and it is already broke. Never worked right from the start. The pump on it would only pump the arm half way up with a block on it and then stall out. I have just seen nothing worth the money from them. Few bucks...
  22. M

doors frozen shut

WD 40 on the mechanical parts and rubber will give it a nice film water repels from. Had no issues since I started doing this. Windows on the other hand, that's another story lol
  23. M

Rear panel removal and install

I went to go to a shop for an estimate to get mine replaced. They told me a glass installer needs to be the one to install this piece. I would bring it in with the parts and have somebody attach the new piece.
  24. M

Ok to use 5w30 in my 4.6l V8

You can run it just fine, you won't have any problems.
  25. M

Were there two different versions of the 4.0 in 2002 Explorer?

If you have bent valves you could of just spent a couple hundred and got new heads fully rebuilt and new gaskets.
Back