Front & Rear Shock & Spring Assembly (Quick Strut) from 1 A Auto | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front & Rear Shock & Spring Assembly (Quick Strut) from 1 A Auto

Edcon2002

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer EB
Callsign
2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4
Anybody use Front & Rear Shock & Spring Assembly from 1 A Auto ? I've read other threads talking about KYB, Monroe and Gabriel but have found nothing on 1 A auto (maybe my lack of skill in navigating the forum).

1 A has the 4 piece assembly for $269.95 which is $100 + less than the brands mentioned above. Thoughts ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At those prices they're probably a generic chinese special. Most likly Unity or FCS but could be Moog.

Get this:

swpnqh.jpg

I got monroe struts all around for 100 each. Original ride quality ones and they are great. No need to spend more then double the price.

I got monroe struts all around for 100 each. Original ride quality ones and they are great. No need to spend more then double the price.

That price sounds like struts only. OP wants loaded struts with springs.

TechGuru:Thanks for the info. The KYB's are expense. Are they really worth the extra money? Thinking your right about the ones from 1 A being "generic Chinese special", ruling those out.

Michowski: I looked at the Monroes and price is reasonable. Monroe maybe the happy middle ground for price and performance.

Ya there is obviously lots to choose from but just throwing it out there for the Monroe. Can't beat it for the price plus the ride is good.

I have ordered several things from 1AAuto and have been pleased. I have both upper control arms, 4 brake rotors, and pads, and sway end links on my Explorer right now that I got from them. I would feel comfortable giving the struts a try from 1AAuto. Is free shipping still included in the price you mention above?

Back