Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

2005 xlt 2wd

It all started about two week ago. I was getting of 285 and on the ramp she skipped a little and then went into fall safe mode. I got her to start again and made it home. Changed the oil and filter and replaced the air filter an cleaned the MAS with MAS cleaner. I was low on fuel, (18 miles to...
  2. 1

A/C Question

The 2004 Explorer that my daughter has is having a cooling issue. I check the freon level and it is good. The passager side vents blow really cold air around 20 degrees. The drivers side vents blow air around 70 degrees. It does not have dual temp controls. It is odd the two vents in the...
  3. 1

Ford Explorer 2003 Puddle Light Replacement

Puddle lights :thumbsup: Thanks Dennis for the detailed instructions. I hope I can help all the members that have assisted me in the last 3 weeks with all my requests for HELP. You guys have been great. I believe I have made all the repairs my 2005 Explore XLT needed. I am just waiting on...
  4. 1

How to: How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

2005 Explorer XLT Flex :thumbsup: I am trying to get my keyless pad working on the drivers side door. It was lighting up late this afternoon but when I entry the code nothing happens. I have two codes one the used car dealer gave me (Ford plastic card) with the owners manual. When I could...
  5. 1

How to: How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

Great instructions!!! I love the flatware tool. Are you required to remove the door panel to access the wires in the rubber tube at the door and finder? I just wanted to make sure before I pulled the driver side door panel. Thanks for the assistance, Mach1
  6. 1

Keyless Entry Pad Issues

:thumbsup: I have a new issue I need some assistance with. The key pad is not working. Sometimes it light up and sometimes it does not. I have the factory code number but it does not work. thanks, MACH1 :)
  7. 1

2005 Plug & Wire Replacement

Thanks for all the advice, A few months back I met with a Ford / Lincoln Master Tech (35 yrs) at my local dearlership. I was looking for advice for my sons 1996 Mustang GT. The Tech gave me some great advice for all Ford & Lincoln products. He stated that Bosch Plugs, wires, and O2 Sensors...
  8. 1

Thanks for all the advice. I went the factory route. I removed the just installed serpentine belt and removed the alternator. After that task, I installed the new plugs wires and plugs. The passager side was time consuming. The drivers side was a piece of cake. In the future I know the process...
  9. 1

I need assistance with the replacement of the spark plugs & wires on my 2005 XLT Flex Fuel V6 Explorer. I really need a Vid to watch. The Plug Wire routing is the issue. They are behind a lot of stuff and are clipped together. I know how to unclip some of the clips but some are in hard to reach...
  10. 1

New member 1970mach1

HI everyone, I am a new member and I look forward to sharing my repair stories and looking for advice and assistance. I have ownered mustangs, F150's, Crown Vics, Linclons, explorer SUVs and Sport Tracs. I have proformed a lot of the maintenance and repairs. I will be looking for assistance...
Back