• Register Today It's free!

2005 xlt 2wd

1970mach1

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
It all started about two week ago. I was getting of 285 and on the ramp she skipped a little and then went into fall safe mode. I got her to start again and made it home. Changed the oil and filter and replaced the air filter an cleaned the MAS with MAS cleaner. I was low on fuel, (18 miles to empty) got her started again went about a mile and she went into fall safe mode again. Got her started again made it to BP and they were out of fuel, so I made a try to go across the street to the Shell station. She died and wold not start again. I had her taken home. Added about 5 gallons of fuel. Took off the negative connection on the battery for a few days. Friday morning added 5 more gallons of fuel. Her started up and ran less than a minute started it again ran less than a minute again. Stopped trying and waited a few days and tried again no luck. I checked to see I was getting spark to the plugs, No spark. Now I am at a repair shop and they the security system has shut down the system. HELP HELP HELP
She had been running like a top before all this.

Back