Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rocker panels / dog legs

My 06' has had some bad rust on the rear dogs legs and now this had transfered over to the rocker panels. I have scoured the internet and I can't seem to find rockers that are not slip ons. Also do they not make dog legs for 06-10 they seem to stop at 05'. Any suggestions?
  2. S

Noise when Accelerating.

Hey Gents! 2006 Explorer 4.0 This has actually been present since i got the vehicle. Have owned it for about 5 years now. But sometimes upon accelerating i can hear what sounds like a tin can filled with marbles. Now this doesn't happen all the time but a good percentage of it. I can rule out...
  3. S

Rust Problem

Were can I look for those?
  4. S

Rust Problem

Does anyone know if a dog leg panel from a 3rd gen explorer will fit/work on a 4th gen? I Have a 2006 explorer with some pretty bad rust and they don't make anything after the 2005?.. :(
  5. S

2006 ford explorer dog leg rust

Who would be the best person to contact? A Ford dealer?
  6. S

2006 ford explorer dog leg rust

Hello friends! So after years of taking care of her she is finally showing some age. I wish I would have fixed this before it got this bad. Only rust on the whole truck :). I see they make repair panels for the 3rd and 2nd gen. Has anyone seen them for the 4th gens?? The rust on the passanger...
  7. S

06' shifter problem

I took the truck back to the shop. They said they would look at it and fix the issue. Hopefully it's something simple so I can have it back. 3 weeks without it has been miserable!
  8. S

06' shifter problem

This is the whole assembly though. Not just the shifter itself
  9. S

06' shifter problem

Gentlemen! So a couple of weeks ago i took my 06' Explorer in to get the transmission and timing components checked. The truck was shifting hard into reverse and sometimes when i shifted to reverse it would not engage. So, i was told it had to be rebuilt. I agreed and told them to do it. When...
  10. S

4.0L Advice/Opinions

As much as I love my 06' explorer. It's also a 4.0. Just had the tranny rebuilt last week. $2700 later and even though I brought it in for that and the timing chains, they say the chains are good. I am still calling bs on it because I can here them in there rattling. I have 117000 miles on mine...
  11. S

Inner Tie rod replacement

It depends. If it's anything like my '01 I had. You didn't need that special tool. You could actually go under with a wrench and break it loose. But I have an '06 now. Don't know how much has changed in the front end. If you can get under there and there's room for a wrench, I say go for it.
  12. S

Rear end noise

Hey peeps, its me again! Here is a run down of what is going on. This past Sunday after pulling out of my driveway and shifting into drive, upon accelerating i started hearing a loud grinding sound. Which i am almost certain is coming from somewhere in the rear. But after like 15-20 seconds of...
  13. S

Odd sound

Thanks for the quick reply Joey. Yeah thats the first thing i thought was maybe something in the suspension/steering. When i replaced my stabilizer links (about 3k ago) i checked everything. Including ball joints hubs/bearings u-joints. Checked the brake dust shield also, i had it before on...
  14. S

Odd sound

Hey guys me again. Having a few problems as of lately. About to tackle another one and need some insight. my 06 expy keeps making this whining sound upon acceleration. Almost like a thin piece of metal rapidly vibrating against something. But usually goes away once i hit 2nd gear. Its like a...
  15. S

Serious Problems?/Death!?!

Yup, what everyone else is saying. Its the timing components. I had an 01 exp with the same engine. I let someone borrow it for a couple months. They didnt keep up with the oil. Ended up just dying on them. When i got it towed home i dropped the oil pan and pieces of plastic and metal...
  16. S

"OEM STYLE" dash switch

oops did not see your last sentence. Fordparts.com part#14776. its the same as your seat memory switch. if you have a basic knowledge of electrical and how to solder. you may be able to use the bottom two switches as an on and off switch.
  17. S

Front drive shaft issue

update So i finally got the truck in to the shop (2 weeks ago). Turns out, it was the front drive shaft along with a few other things. 1500 repair. only paid 78 bucks :D
  18. S

"OEM STYLE" dash switch

Hey bud, Can you take a better picture and point out all the spots that dont have switches but instead blanks. Let me know and i can help you out. I have done something similar.
  19. S

Front drive shaft issue

Yes it is coming from the front driveshaft. While I had someone spinning the tire I put my hand on the end that goes to the transfer case. Was feeling alot of grinding. Yeah its covered under my warranty so not a huge deal. I'm just worried, will this mess up the transfer case?
  20. S

Front drive shaft issue

Alright guys so i have another problem. Im getting some grinding/rattle noise coming form my front Drive shaft. I linked a video below of what its doing. Im spinning the driver side tire. Is this a serious problem or does the whole shaft need to be replaced This is the sound i have been...
  21. S

looking for something

Sweet! ordering now. I appreciate the help man!
  22. S

looking for something

Thanks brother! by chance is this the part? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-Ford-Rocker-Panel-Moulding-Guard-2006-Explorer-6L2Z-7810176-AA-/182265322411?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer
  23. S

looking for something

So, last week I removed the factory running boards on my 2006 exp. They were all faded and ugly. Well since they are not there now. You can see the frame and on the drivers side there are some cables running on the sides. Now I know I have seen same explorers with some kind of plastic cover that...
  24. S

Alrightyy then

Well, now since my whole front end issues have been resolved. Time to start my new project. So previously last year i painted my exterior trim with SEM Bumper Coat. Which did a great job and covered very well. But my problem is, it keeps getting stained from wax and other chemicals.(turning...
  25. S

knock sound coming from front

So guys, you all are going to get a kick out of this. I just lifted up the truck to touch up the undercoating. Took both front wheels off and on the passenger side the stabilizer bar end link is completely missing! Like it didnt even fall off. it looks like whoever had the truck before me was...
Back