Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Will a 1986-1987 Aerostar manual rack and pinion fit in a 1994 Aerostar?

Greetings, I am the original owner of a 1994 base model Aerostar XL. I have the 3.0 engine with a 5 speed stick. So far I have over 340,000 miles on the original engine. I need to replace the rack and pinion power steering. The OEM rack lasted about 210,000 miles. However, the rebuilds I have...
  2. H

Greetings, I have a 94 Ford Aerostar with the 3.0 engine and a 5 speed. I have a problem with...

Greetings, I have a 94 Ford Aerostar with the 3.0 engine and a 5 speed. I have a problem with a strong gas odor that comes through the a/c vent only when the a/c is on. I have, along with two other mechanics, checked for a fuel leak but have not been able to locate one. I did change out the...
  3. H

Windshield wipers come on when the van is started.

Greetings; I have a 94 Aerostar XL with the 3.0 engine and the 5 speed stick. I have a problem in which the windshield wipers come on when you turn the ignition on. They only cycle several times then stop. I replaced the ignition cylinder and the turn signal assembly. After that, I had...
  4. H

201,366 miles and still going.

Greetings to all: Thanks for the assistance with my Aerostar. Yes, I will post Pics as soon as I figure out to do it. I think I located the odor. I noticed the A/C drain is not draining and that is probably the cause. BTW, where is the A/C drain? I was not able to locate it. Is finding and...
  5. H

201,366 miles and still going.

Greetings: I am the original owner of a 94 Aerostar XL. It has the 3.0 and a 5 speed stick. It has been a remarkably trouble free vehicle. The only issues I have had was the replacement of the clutch at 108,000 and the power steering gear at 190,000. Since the van has spent it's entire life...
  6. H

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

1994 Ford Aerostar Greetings: I am the original owner of a 1994 Ford Aerostar. It is the XL model with the 3.0 V6 and a 5 speed stick transmission. Everything is original. I have put 198,547 miles on it so far. The van has spent it's entire life in the desert and has no rust. I still have...
Back