201,366 miles and still going. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

201,366 miles and still going.

HLV-12

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Aerostar
Greetings:
I am the original owner of a 94 Aerostar XL. It has the 3.0 and a 5 speed stick. It has been a remarkably trouble free vehicle. The only issues I have had was the replacement of the clutch at 108,000 and the power steering gear at 190,000. Since the van has spent it's entire life here in the desert there is no rust. I am looking to keep the van since the body is in such good condition. I do need some interior body parts and was looking for a source other than the wrecking yard. Somewhere there has to be a warehouse full of old Ford parts. Does anyone on this forum know of such a place? I have some other questions listed below that I was looking for assistance on.

Recently, I noticed a gas odor coming from the a/c after it has been on for several minutes. I do not detect a gas odor when the a/c is off and I could not find any gas leaks. I was told that it was the fuel pressure regulator. When I pulled off the old one I noticed there was no gasket...it was a metal to metal fit. The new regulator came with a small black rubber gasket that only fits around the fuel openings and when I put the new regulator on it did not have a flush fit. That does not seem right. Also, I still have the odor.
Any suggestions.

Best regards:
HLV-12

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum man! Post some pictures of your van. I have 215,x.. miles on my '96 Aerostar.

I'm not sure about your A/C odor, my A/C hasn't worked since I bought my van, lol.

Local junkyards are your best bet for interior pieces. The shipping of certain items can drive you crazy, but it doesn't hurt to look I suppose. Try craigslist if nothing else.

Welcome to this forum! Try WWW.GreenSalesCompany.Com. Post some pictures of your van. As for the odor, the old fuel pressure regulator might have an O ring caught in the fuel rail assembly where it bolts to. The new regulator is having trouble fitting since it has its own O ring which might be pressing against the stuck O ring.

Greetings to all:
Thanks for the assistance with my Aerostar. Yes, I will post Pics as soon as I figure out to do it. I think I located the odor. I noticed the A/C drain is not draining and that is probably the cause. BTW, where is the A/C drain? I was not able to locate it. Is finding and clearing the drain something that is easy do? I was under the impression you could take a wire and clear it out that way. But since the drain is buried somewhere in the engine compartment, that looks doubtful.
Best Regards,
HLV-12

Your Aero is just now getting broken in. Take care of it and it may go ANOTHER 200,000 miles OR MORE.

Back