Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Lets do 4.56 Gears on this 4.0L 06'..

Any gear supplier should be able to tell you. I believe the carrier internals are quite standard (same as mustang etc) and the suppler could look these up and confirm... but the clam shell itself is very specific to the explorer since its mounting points to the frame vary (i.e. earlier model...
  2. E

Nice. I do find the gearing a bit high in the rpm for highway driving with 32.5" tires. But overall I'm really happy with them. The limited slip really helps the offroad capability too.
  3. E

Well I've towed a 5k lb trailer almost 10k in total since the last post and gears are still great :) The limited slip has been fun too especially bin winter. I turned off the advance Trac and used my brown wire mod to deactivate the AWD clutch so I have just the limited slip rear end on daily...
  4. E

Traxda Leveling Kit Updates/Pictures

Yep. Lil hard on the upper ball joint... And your CV is under a bit more stress. But looks way better. So I would rather just swap out these pieces when needed (so far 1 upper ball joint and one CV but may not be related... 70k kms later). Kinda like spacers... Look better... but don't...
  5. E

2005 XLT -- 5 Speed Swap M5OD

I'm an engineer by trade but self taught when it comes to cars. I actually started moddbox with a partner back in 2012 for fun... still doing it part time. It's really a hobby company that gives me a bit of a licence to tinker and spend time onoit without getting in trouble from the better...
  6. E

Had to do a pretty serious tune. Couldn't get anyone to do it so I purchased SCT advantage III software After several updates from SCT (from my input), I was able to turn off all dash lights and finally get it right. Took me almost 18 months to finally solve a hard speed limiter at about...
  7. E

I know this is an old thread... but if you're still thinking of doing this... it can be done. Your biggest problem will be your electronic throttle and tuning that. And thank the Lord Almighty you don't have a 4x4. Check my thread here for a progress thread on how I pulled it off on an 06...
  8. E

4th Gen Auto 5R55 to Manual M5OD - progress (not a How-to)

Glad to hear it. And congrats on getting as far as you did. The free Wilson wiring diagrams are very useful... I would never have completed this without them. Lol. I'm loving my EX now. Drives like a manual Ranger only supercharged.
  9. E

As for the start with key... an manual way to trick the PCM is to wire it up as follows... see the TAB 5 for more info. I actually wired in a "normally closed" push button switch to "break" the wire with the resistor. This way the transfer case motor can only be engaged when I "hold" the...
  10. E

For those who didn't know... the last issue with this thing was a TOUCHY THROTTLE, SENSITIVE ADVANCED TRAC, and 75MPH SPEED LIMITER!! I FINALLY SOLVED MY SPEED LIMITER ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY TOOK ME 1 YEAR AND 4 MONTHS! HAHAH. SO STOKED RIGHT NOW I did a tonne of tune...
  11. E

How to: Red Neck Easy Fuel Pump - No tank Drop Explorer 4th Gen

Still out here... I'm actually poolside in HI. First time traveling here so thanks to all you Americans for welcoming a Canuck to such a beautiful state. As for the 2002 4Dr... I recall that the tank was almost identical so probably the same as confirmed above. As an update.. lots of other...
  12. E

You go a nice EX. Thanks for posting up pics ;)

You go a nice EX. Thanks for posting up pics ;)
  13. E

Front end whirr and vibration when accelerating

...thinking about Gorb's post. If "pushing the 4x4 button" makes the "noise" go away (perhaps also the vibration... have not yet confirmed this with him), that means that "forcing the t-case clutch to engage, then dis-engage" temporarily relieves the symptoms. This makes me think that Gorb...
  14. E

I'm assuming when you mention that you replaced axles... you referred to the entire half-shaft assemblies up front (includes new CVs). If so... I think we can eliminate the following: - not bearing - not axle runout - not CVs - not Front driveshaft (**** note: notorious vibration on load is a...
  15. E

Front-End Vibration on Acceleration

Yep. Didn't see anything on the u-joints. It seems to have a bit of movement at the joint where it bolts up to the transfer case but I think it's normal (axial/linear movement only I think).
  16. E

Front-End Vibration on Acceleration

Ok. My issue is not new. I already searched around on the forum and found a few people discussing this but no posted updates or "SOLVED" threads. I have a 2006 AWD. I have a vibration on acceleration (in pedal/front end). If you let-off and step into it again it goes away. Note also.. I do...
  17. E

Any updates on this problem? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/front-end-whirr-and-vibration-when-accelerating.424122/ I have a 2006 AWD. I have the exact same issue as the initial poster. Vibration on acceleration (in pedal/front end) and if you let-off and step into it...
  18. E

A/C vents on passenger side blowing hot while on cold setting

Sorry. But I'm not sure about that. I'm not as familiar with the heating system
  19. E

3rd Gen running boards

Thanks! I checked the yard this week and only found a 3rd gen. It had some nice nerf bars but one was bent :/ I do prefer black so at least I don't have to paint now. I ordered an iboard. LOL. I should post a pic when installed. Here is a pic from the ad. Decent price when you...
  20. E

regarding the blend door.... this issue is very rare but possible. If this is the case... you should not be getting blowing air. I think you are getting warm blowing air. You can get the blend door to open by pushing a 1/4" to 3/8" rod (about 24" long maybe) into the right-centre vent...
  21. E

3rd Gen running boards

I also would like to know this. :) I'm sure the worst case is that they will fit nicely but may require to weld some mounts...
  22. E

hi guys. this is very common. When your a/c gas is low pressure (r134a or r12 if u swapped), the driverside is the only side to get properly cooled. Give it another month or so and that side will also be getting warmer (since you probably have a leak). 9 times out of 10 it's the little...
  23. E

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

@awdrocks I would like to see more about the 800rwhp! Don't want to sidetrack the forum... but postup or pm a link over to some build info. Curious how you made this happen. I'm guessing at least a 4.6L or bigger with big boost and some extensive internal mods. I can't get much more than 325...
  24. E

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

I know some people say this mod betters mpg. But I don't see how that is possible. If it does... I certainly haven't seen it yet at the pump. All it does is disengage the power to the front at the tcase (which is pretty awesome and the reason I did it). But all the components are still...
  25. E

Auto>Manual Swap. OSS 24-hole>VSS 12-hole. Speed Limit Issue

I have performed a swap from a 5R55W Auto Transmission (Stock 2006 Ford Explorer Auto) to a M05D-R1HD Manual (From Ford Ranger). The new manual transmission has a VSS in the tail housing has 12-holes. The stock OSS from my auto had 24-holes. I've adjusted the "number of holes in OSS" in my SCT...
Back