Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

PKF II problem URGENT!

Thats what the PKF is. (P)ATS (K)it (F)ord. 12Volt.com has the diagram for the remote starter but not the bypass module. They are two seperate modules.
  2. D

PKF II problem URGENT!

I had to temporarily disconnect it so I could go to work tonight. One problem I had was the remote start would work if the key was in the ignition (not turned on, just inserted) and I hit the start button on the remote. But the remote would NOT work if the key was not in the ignition. So that...
  3. D

PKF II problem URGENT!

I purchased a remote starter kit for my X and got main box installed but cannot get PKF2 Bypass to work. Now THEFT light blinks rapidly and truck wont start via the key. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the bypass module? The directions they sent me are in Spanish and have a different...
  4. D

Happy New Years

Happy New Years.......Talk to ya'll next year.....
  5. D

100,000 Mile Club

I busted it..... Well I successfully busted 100,000 on 10/24/04 at 4:06AM Central standard time. The speedo hasnt seen that many zero's since it was new....
  6. D

Center Console Wiring For Blower/RC

I also was able to pick up a washer fluid sensor. I know one wire is to the MC and the other is for power source. Does anyone know what the input supply voltage is supposed to be?
  7. D

There is a complete wiring guide for Message Center here on the board, but what I needed was the wiring codes (color and where they go) for the extra wires in the main harness that run to the rear heat/ac and stereo controls. I did however figure out the pink/white stripe wire is the power...
  8. D

I have already looked over the console wiring directions for the MC, what I need to know is if some knows or has the color codes for wiring the rear controls and blower unit for heat/ac? Thankx,
  9. D

Is this part easy to replace and what is it called exactly?

I would have to say it is a "steering knuckle". As far as replacing it, its not completely seperated, so I wouldnt worry about it right now. If the shops are telling you to replace a bunch of stuff, they are looking at it from a $$$ standpoint. Motor mounts do the same thing over time. Its...
  10. D

Poll: White Walls out or in?

Not only would it depend on the truck (Lift/lower/etc) but I believe it depends on TYPE of vehicle. Like 2 door coupes look better with black wall more often than a pickup or SUV would. So with an Ex I would say its a 50/50 shot, sedans and coupes are more like 70/30 (70 being black wall)
  11. D

misfiring

My 01 was doing the same thing a little while back, turned out to be a bad spark plug. They were Bosch Platinums that were only 4 months old, but one of them went bad. So start of checking the plugs. If it is throwing a CEL you might get the codes read to tell you which cylinder is not firing...
  12. D

Help!!!!...Parking Brake Pad Broke....can't get off rotor!!!

I see an empty beer can in the lower right corner of the pic, try a few more of those and see if that helps any....lol. *EDIT* NM, thats the center cap. looks like a crushed beer can.. Its just going to take persistance, please note that using the puller may or may not warp the rotor.
  13. D

Bye Bye PCM

You might check around on eBay too, they have stuff thats still in perfect working order from like a wrecked vehicle. I would go with Kragen or O'Reillys over AZ though.
  14. D

What Brand Plugs and Wires?

I always used to use Bosch Platinum 1's in my cars, but recently have been having problems with non quality plugs from the Zone (con artists), so now I have switched back to oem Motorcraft platinums and couldnt be happier, think the truck is happier to. Running them with the high end set of...
  15. D

Running hot, 2001 sport.

Glad you got it fixed. A lot of times it happens that we (as people) tend to overlook the simplest things sometimes. We try to outsmart the problem and end up spending a butt load of money we didnt have to. My dad ended up buying a rebuild engine on time because he could get the check oil...
  16. D

Running hot, 2001 sport.

Its possible during the flush, some gunk jamp up the thermostat. Check the coolant levels also. Best bet you will need to replace the t-stat.
  17. D

My Strobe Video

Thats pretty awesome. But I bet the neighbors think the law is in your driveway....lol
  18. D

High amp alt

Sounds like some of the diodes are on thr frits with it. Be sure to check all cable connections to see if they are all clean and tight. If the connections are good, its a possibly bad ALT
  19. D

How to: Turning stock corners to clear corners

Good question, Would like to try this on my 01 Sport if it is possible.
  20. D

Electric Fan

Pics of Install.... Heres some pics of one installed on mine. I have Noticed: Mileage improvements Little faster throttle response Little more available HP I have no problems with overheating in any way. I have had this in for a few months and I have yet to see the temp guage reach...
  21. D

Digital OBD Cluster.

OK, this is a good question for an automotive ECU knowledgeable person. Im not sure what year they started using them, but in Jeep Wranglers and the PT Cruisers, you can get your instrument cluster to pull and display your OBD fault codes via the digital odometer. Do the clusters or the vehicles...
  22. D

The first PC Detail

Now all thats left is to paint your ROTORS and BRAKE PADS ....lol, JK Awesome ride man, wish mine could look half that good.
  23. D

Need help with idle/run problem PLZ

Ok, Heres the update. I took it down to the morons at AutoZone and had em read the codes. It had two hard fault codes stored in memory. One was like P0304 for the O2 sensor and the other was P0174 for a misfire on #6. So i got a new plug and it solved the problem. I guess one of the decided to...
  24. D

Also checked the DPFE voltages, the bottom pin reads 5.xxV input, the middle pin is nil or very minumal mV and the upper pin is at 1.XXV. do these readings look right or a little off. If someone knows the voltage it should have, please let me know before I drop $50 on a new one that does not...
  25. D

Ok, the other day I bit the bullet and ran SeaFoam through my intake till it drown, then let it sit as per directions, then cranked her up. The thing must have been pretty badly caked up. It smoked like a freight train for a good while burning all the impurities out. I did notice a big...
Back