Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

A/C Clutch not engaging

Basic Question - Low Side Location My compressor is also not engaging. I have a real basic question. On my 94 explorer sport, where is the low side service valve (pics available?)? Is it on the passenger side near the firewall (black plastic cap on it)? I suspect that I am low on...
  2. W

Lower Intake Manifold Bolts

I want to torque down the lower intake manifold bolts in my 94 Explorer Sport. Is it really necessary to disconnect everything from the upper intake and remove it completely, or can I just disconnect enough items so that I can move the upper manifold out of the way so that I can get access to...
  3. W

Explorer Sport Middle Seatbelt

Has anyone managed to put a middle seatbelt in the back seat of their Explorer Sport? Mine is a 94 and the shoulder room is wide enough for 3 people, but with the 50/50 split bench seat Ford opted to put only 2 seatbelts back there. It looks to me like this would be a 2-stage process. First...
  4. W

Manual Hub Procedure

Thanks a lot guys. Those were excellent write-ups. The procedure seems very simple and straight forward. No more $300 Ford hubs for me.
  5. W

Manual Hub Procedure

Does anyone have a write-up on the procedure for converting auto hubs to manual hubs? From what I understand the procedure is fairly easy, but I can't seem to find any specifics on it. thanks in advance
  6. W

ABS light is on - only when it's hot outside

Thanks. I guess I'll console myself by saying that it does not happen during our New England winters which is when we need abs the most.
  7. W

ABS light is on - only when it's hot outside

Anybody else have this situation? First thing in the morning, I fire the truck up and no problem. If the car sits all day in the hot sun and I start the truck and drive it, no abs light. However, if I start the truck and go for a ride on a warm day, then park it and turn off the engine, the...
  8. W

Thermostat problem?

I had the same exact issue on my 94 two years ago. The heat was luke warm and the temp. gauge barely moved. A new thermostat cured it. The part is cheaop and if you don't want to put in in yourself, it is not that expensive to have a shop install it.
  9. W

Fuel Injectors

My kids are real good friends with some kids whose father is the manager of the local NAPA store in town. A few years ago I was in his store and I was standing over by all of the fuel injector/carb cleaner stuff. He came over and we got to chatting about our kids baseball teams and I asked him...
  10. W

94 Explorer O2 Sensors

Hello All. I have performed some searches on this and other websites and cannot find the definative answer to this question. My Haynes manual is of no help either. How many oxygen sensors are there on my 1994 Explorer Sport and where are they located? I have heard as many 3 sensors and as...
Back