Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

$50 shipped and you have yourself a deal; It will likely be Monday or Tuesday before I will be able to Paypal the funds. Let me know if this sounds OK.
  2. S

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

looking for an a/c manifold tube assembly Motorcraft YF2524
  3. S

AC aluminum line identification *PHOTO*

Well I found it thanks to searching this site extensively. Bad news is that it runs $150. Motorcraft Part# YF2524
  4. S

A/C Clutch Hit & Broke High Side Valve

You're the man!! I have been searching for this part number for a few hours!
  5. S

AC aluminum line identification *PHOTO*

Hey guys, I need this part identified. It is an aluminum high pressure line located right next to the battery on the drivers side. I do know this is the high pressure side, but I cannot find the part name or part number so I can replace it. THANKS!
  6. photo1

photo1

7. S

99 V8 Replacing Radiator

Long day, whoops... gonna fix the post thanks.
  8. S

99 V8 Replacing Radiator

I've got a new radiator coming from www.radiatorbarn.com and have started to remove the current radiator from the truck.The radiator would have been out 45 minutes ago if the ac compressor wasn't such a PITA to unclip. Can anyone share any tips for separating the radiator from the condenser...
  9. S

Heated seat kits installed - NICE!

Very clean install, I really like the placement of the switches :thumbsup:
  10. S

Upper and lower ball joint replacement.

Quality is always a concern on eBay, I'd personally stay away when dealing with ball joints. 1) The auction states they might or might not be greasable. I'd spend the extra on Moog brand ball joints with zerk fittings. The extra life you'll see from them will pay for itself. 2)The right upper...
  11. S

Steering Wheel Not Centered?

From my understanding, the best way to get rid of this is to adjust the outer tie rod ends.
  12. S

Pionner AVIC D3

I love my D3, the ipod integration completely makes up for the unit only having 1 DVD slot.
  13. S

5.0 owners, performance

definitely, the CAI was a noticeable improvement.
  14. S

Discount Tire Direct $100 - $200 off sets of 4 Tires

I thought this might be of some interest to those in the market for tires. Discount Tire Direct has a limited time offer, $100 off any set of 4 tires or 4 wheels. If you purchase a complete set of tires and wheels they will give you $200 off. I bought a set of 31 BFG AT K/O's shipped for...
  15. S

Black globe, Vacuum reservoir on v-6???

I was able to find a replacement on eBay, here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VACUUM-TANK-BALL-RESERVOIR-NEW-ROUND-ADD-ON_W0QQitemZ220035907377QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33545QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
  16. S

Need info on vacuum ball/bulb/reservoir

Fixed! 410, I'm still perplexed how the damn thing fell off without a significant jolt..... and putting the check valve on the outside would be WAY too logical, wtf are you thinking??? :nono: The replacement globe ($18.00 shipped) from eBay has appeared to fix the problem. The AC is running...
  17. S

I took a dremel to the vacuum reservoir to find the check valve rolling around the globe; pretty weird as it fit back on pretty tightly.
  18. Multimedia message

Multimedia message

19. S

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VACUUM-TANK-BALL-RESERVOIR-NEW-ROUND-ADD-ON_W0QQitemZ220035907377QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33545QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem I haven't had a chance to pull mine out yet, will this work?
  20. S

Bummer! I might just head out to a local yard and see what I can find.
  21. S

Thanks Jon, I'll PM them. My AC stops blowing only under moderate acceleration and returns as soon as engine load decreases. It appears to be a vacuum leak and the reservoir seems like the first place to check out.
  22. S

To those who have replaced their HVAC vacuum reservoir, also known as the black baseball lookin' thing under the hood...where did you end up finding a replacement? Will the normal parts stores(Oreilley/Advance) carry these? How about online? I couldn't find anything on fastpartsnetwork. Thanks
  23. S

Invisible GOOD Sound !?

You can fit a nice sized box under the cargo cover. Tint also helps.
  24. S

95 OHV Fuel delivery issues

Well of course, the truck has been running perfectly since my last post and I sure hope it stays that way. Thanks for the advice guys; I'll be prepared with the multimeter and chilton manual if the problem decides to resurface.
Back