A/C Clutch Hit & Broke High Side Valve | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Clutch Hit & Broke High Side Valve

OLDJIMMYBONES

Reaction score
City, State
LI, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
i have a 98 xlt 5.0 and he high side is very close to the clutch and i refilled the system today to have a tun of freon spray out.

its leaking from the pipe that connects to the a/c high side valve and connects to the clutch

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS IS CLOSE TO THE CLUTCH THAT WHEN THE CLUTCH SPINNS IT HIT THE LINE AND PUT A SLICE IN IT.

ANY ONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? it dosent look like its out of place either looks as the pipe is suposto be there...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT PIPE IS, SO I CAN ORDER A REPLACMENT?

this pic is the closest thing i could find to what it looks like but it dosent look rite

thanks

it attaches to the high side circled in the pic

Attachments

• 56575[1].jpg
    56575[1].jpg
    19 KB · Views: 370
  • 1999-Ford-Explorer-engine.jpg
    1999-Ford-Explorer-engine.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 442

if i take a poxy stick (supposto be "strong as steel" which is stronger then aluminum of which the pipe is made of) and patched the slice would it hold?

http://www.mclendons.com/item.asp?sku=10070750

No. Get a hose. You won't like it...it's an expensive hose. The part number you want is Motorcraft YF2524. Aftermarket is available. But the Motorcraft hose comes with all protectors, switch, clamp, etc. Worth the money.

No. Get a hose. You won't like it...it's an expensive hose. The part number you want is Motorcraft YF2524. Aftermarket is available. But the Motorcraft hose comes with all protectors, switch, clamp, etc. Worth the money.

You're the man!! I have been searching for this part number for a few hours!

Back