Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Wanted Wiring, body parts, and more for 97 Explorer Sport

Deleted Parts found - work done. Thanks
  2. Y

Stuck - Remove EGR Tube to Remove Upper Intake

Just to add one more item. I'm doing this now on my 97 4.0 OHV and the second nut under the one that holds the dipstick bracket, is a 13mm. Very little room for wrenches to fit and a regular 13mm socket will not reach all the way down the bolt. You will need a deep well socket for it to fit...
  3. Y

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

232,989 On my 97 Sport OHV. Original engine and transmission. Only needs new rear springs and a new low pressure switch for the A/C. 183,000 on the 98 Mounty.
  4. Y

Made a cargo box for my 99 X Sport

Nice job. It sure beats the plastic tub I have sliding around the back of mine.
  5. Y

Considering a 97 Ford Explorer

I've got a 97 sport with the 4.0 OHV. It currently has 220,000 miles on the original motor and transmission. Still runs great, nothing wrong with it at all - except the wife left it in reverse, it hit a dumpster and now the drivers side door can open all the way to the front fender. But I'm not...
  6. Y

no factory keyless entry

I added a 3rd party keyless entry to my 97 sport. It already had power locks, like yours, and was very easy to install. I tied in to the lock switch on the drivers side kick panel, parking lights behind the dash light switch, and mounted the brain (as they called it) under the dash. It has...
  7. Y

interesting power steering leak

Check power steering and brake fluid. Especially if your plastic fender well/engine compartment separator is missing or busted. I had a brake fluid leak under the master cylinder that looked a lot like this. If you cant find it, wash out around and above the area to remove all fluids and drive...
  8. Y

99 Ex sport Idle and AC issues, help?

Is the a/c still blowing cold air? It probably isn't the a/c going bad. The compressor should cycle every once in a while to keep the air coming in the cab cold. When you replaced the IAC did you unplug the neg battery terminal for a while to reset the computer, and then drive it for a while...
  9. Y

Never ending front end roar/grind

Within the past 2,000 miles I have replaced everything mentioned in the first post. It was all needed, except for the rotor and brakes...but they were part of chasing the noise down. The sound is coming from the wheel area but only under load of the car. At a stop the noise is gone and I have...
  10. Y

97 ac problem?

I agree with Blee that it could be an overcharge issue and I also agree with Glacier that it needs to be evacuated. I was assuming the hole allowed the freon to escape and running it during this time allowed garbage to plug something. Replacing the drier would let freon escape as well. A lot...
  11. Y

Never ending front end roar/grind

I have a constant roar/grind noise coming from the front passenger wheel/tire. It is there going straight, turning left, and/or turning right. It is always there, but more I can hear it better at low speeds and accelerating from a stop and coming to a stop. I have been chasing this rabbit for a...
  12. Y

97 ac problem?

It sounds like you are on the low pressure side and if so, 100psi is waaay too much. More than likely, when you had the hole in your system and the refridgerant leaked out, it pulled air and other stuff in throwing "garbage" all in your ac system. I would suggest replacing the orifice...
  13. Y

Looking for a little advice...

Hello all, After being Explorerless for a few years ( thanks to the wife for totaling the last one ), I have inherited a 98 Sport 2wd with the 4.0 OHV. My dad bought it with 12k on it, drove it to 190k, gave it to my brother, and when my father passed earlier this month, I ended up with it (...
  14. Y

Electronic coolant temperature sensor

Exploder, Well, that was pretty creative, but no cigar. It really stands for young zebras running naked....um, nevermind about that. Really, it is my work user ID. easy for me to remember and it has no relation to anything else. Anyway, I completely forgot to add that info in when I posted...
  15. Y

Electronic coolant temperature sensor

I need to replace this sensor and I am not sure where it is located. Anyone have any ideas?
  16. Y

Did anyone else have 2-3 upshift problems?

1 more quick thing. Anyone know where this sensor is located? :)
  17. Y

OK, I am still in a state of shock here. I took the explorer to the local Mr. Transmission, they did a complete check of the tranny, electical and all. He asked me how long I have had an overheating problem. (It started bout the same time) He then happily told me that he was 99% sure that all I...
  18. Y

Well, I called Ford and asked them if there was anything that I or the dealer or Ford could do to help me out a little. Ford told that since it was over the 36000 mile limit and I did not purchase the extended warranty that they could not do anything for me. A short while later the dealership...
  19. Y

Well, just as I submitted my last post, the dealer called. They had actually been able to look at my tranny. It has some serious problems according to them. They gave me an estimate of $2541.00 for a new transmission. Is it just me or is that just a wee bit too steep? I don't know.
  20. Y

Just got back from the dealer, going to be Friday, maybe Monday before they can even look at it. Dealership asked me if I had the extended warranty, wich I dont have. Is the drive-train not covered longer than 3/36000? It's got exactly 37108 miles on it?
  21. Y

I have a 98 EB as well. The tranny is shifting into 3 too soon and then slamming back down into 2nd. It started this yesterday morning and it starting overheating at the same time. I just got it back from the dealership a couple of weeks ago due to a a/c problem. They are going to get it back...
Back