Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

'98 EX 5.0 #3 Sparkplug removal problems

Guys, I've searched the forum and haven't found anything. Sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find it. Went to change my plugs and can't seem to get the sparkplug socket in far enough on #3. There is a heat shield around the plug that prevents me from getting the socket far...
  2. G

1997 explorer 5.0 awd

The only ones I've found were rebuilt and about $200 after you turn in the old one.
  3. G

1997 explorer 5.0 awd

Viking, I had the same issue and just took the drive shaft out since I don't really need the AWD. Was planning on fixing it and haven't yet, it's been about a year and I haven't seen any issues yet. I dropped mine out in a friends drive way, pretty easy, no real need for a lift as long as you...
  4. G

Lower Ball joint leakage

Thanks guys, I'm gonna clean it up run it around the block a bit and see what happens next. Would rather replace the boot than the half shaft or bearing anyday.
  5. G

Lower Ball joint leakage

Just got my lower balls joints replaced on my 98 AWD 5.0 Ex and saw this today, other side is clean. Anyone have any ideas what it may be? Thanks for any ideas and help.
  6. G

Dumb 98 5.0 spark plug question

Thanks pumpkin for the post, but maybe I didn't describe it well enough. The plug itself has a metal circular shield around the outside which is preventing me from getting a tool far enough down to the shaft of the plug to get any grip. I've no problem getting access to the engine block or...
  7. G

Dumb 98 5.0 spark plug question

K, this may sound stupid. I went to change out my spark plugs on my 98 5.0L EX and was able to get all but one out. Not sure what number it is, but it's the second from the left looking from the passenger side. It appears to have a heat shield around it and I can't seem to get any tool in to...
  8. G

Gears for larger tires???

I have a '98 XLT AWD 5.0, I'm about to put 31 10.5's on and have read that there will be a significant performance loss. My question is, should replace the front and rear gears to compensate and if so to what. If you know what can help me, or a thread, pls advise. Btw, thanks to those who...
Back