Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

dfw-tx4wd.org Megarun '09 (Texas)

http://www.dfw-tx4wd.org/ March 6,7,8
  2. R

Doubler adapter producers???

there was a guy on TRS that PM'ed about this. He was selling the shaft for like $250.00 but I forget the price of the plate. Rob
  3. R

D44 RA Heim joints???

thanks.
  4. R

D44 RA Heim joints???

Does anyone make a Heim joint that will thread onto the end of a D44 radius arms? If not, has anyone engineered something like this and has pictures of the work? Thanks. Rob
  5. R

Doubler adapter producers???

I've searched "Doubler" and "Stubler" and it looks like DD Machine and T&M are the only producers of an adapter for a DIY doubler. It looks like at one time DD had a problem delivering. Has that improved? Does anyone else make an adapter kit? Thanks. Rob
  6. R

Grooved H1s

They ready have earned respect on the trails, but now they should have a better forward bite. Here are some pics to compare. The tire on the right is grooved, the one on the left is not. Rob
  7. R

Barnwell Mountain Gilmer, TX

I'll be there today. Look for my maroon/grey 4door if anyone else can make it. Rob
  8. R

extending MAS wires ...problematic or not?

I'm wanting to relocate my air filter to the driver side but need to extend the wires to the MAS. Will extending these wires cause a problem for the computer or sensor readings? If anyone else has done this, please chim in. Thanks.
  9. R

Kudos to DT Machine and Fabrication/Sky-manufacturing

I found the pictures on the Ebay ad. Here ya go...
  10. R

Sorry, I've already reassembled everything. email David at:TucDTmv40@aol.com. He may have a picture of what I'm talking about. This is his contact info: David Tucker DT Machine and Fabrication 95025 Spring Valley Ln. Marcola Or 97454 cell 541-206-7717
  11. R

I don't know why "groove" came to me instead of "keyway". This keyway is positioned over the stud holes.
  12. R

The forum wasn't emailing me my password so I had to register under another user name to contact Rick. I posted this between registering the new user name and Rick resetting my password on my original account.
  13. R

OEM steering setup for SAS

yeah, I think I'm bailing on this idea. I've been running a straight tie rod from a '80 Suburban with the OEM Explorer drag link for about a year. I bent the tie rod tube last Sunday so that's what got me rethinking my setup. What I need to do is use Chevy Flat top d44 kuckles and a hysteer...
  14. R

OEM steering setup for SAS

I've seen a few rigs here with a SAS using a steering setup similar to the OEM style and would like to re-engineer my steering likewise but can't seem to overcome a couple big problems. First of all the OEM tie rod and drag link are now long enough so the adjusting sleeve needs to be adjusted...
  15. R

SAS Coil Springs

I need some help finding coil springs for my front end. When I fabricated the front axle brackets and mounts for my SAS, I reused the OEM upper and lower '91 Explorer coil spring mounts and cut down a pair of Superlift 5.5" lift coil springs to achieve the desired height. Of course we all know...
  16. R

Hydralic assist steering -who's done it?

I didn't see that this was answered in Section's linked post, but is the Explorer PS pump sufficient for a hydralic ram with a 1.5" bore and 6-8" stroke?
  17. R

Am I correct in understanding that the Explorer gear box is the same size as the Bronco gear box?
  18. R

I don't need both. I'm just trying to improve the steering a bit. My current setup has worked pretty well for the past year. It just won't turn as sharp because the bottom drag link TRE rolls fore and aft on the tie rod when I turn the wheel.
  19. R

I'm contemplating Hydralic Assist on my '91 with a HP D44. Who has done this that can shed some light on what is needed to make it work? FWIW, my other option would be a flat top knuckle and high steer arm.
  20. R

'94 Explorer... 4HI=yes, 4LO=no *Help*

Is it the gear selector switch on the side of the transmission?
  21. R

Are you talking about the Neutral Safety Switch on the clutch pedal because I've got that working. As for the Grey connector on the driver inner fender well for the transmission harness, the pink and red/lt blue wires are completing the circuit. Thanks...keep 'em coming.
  22. R

I tried to research this problem but wasn't able to find anything similar to may help. This is the history...I swapped out the auto transmission from my '94 Explorer for a 5 speed and swapped transmission harnesses, but left the original ECM in it. I wouldn't bet me life on it, but I'm...
  23. R

removing headliner?

I am going to recover my headliner but before I begin removing it I wanted to find out if anyone can share tips to get it out. Thanks
  24. R

To swap or not to swap

no tranny, It's just a kit to install in your existing transmission.
Back