Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Exhaust ?

i have a 1997 mercury mountaineer 5.0L v8 and i have true duel exhaust with two original flow 40 series flowmasters with 2 1/2 inch piping and it is ran from the cats back......I want to make it louder...it just aint loud enough....how can i make it louder...and if i cut the cats off and run a...
  2. M

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

33x12.5x15 cooper discovery A/T fit perfect will lots of room still...i have a 1997 Mercury mountaineer with 2 inch TT,3 inch shackles,3 inch body lift
  3. M

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

3 inch body lift, 2 inch tt, 3 inch shackles...running 33x12.5x15 Cooper Discovery A/T no scrubbing any where...runs great also
  4. M

The Perfect Exhaust

sorry guys been in tennessee for the past week....i will post pictures on cardomain.com A.S.A.P....and i will try to get a sound clip posted (but i would need some help on how to post a sound clip) yes my spare tire is gone but i still have room to put a spare tire underneath....its kind of hard...
  5. M

The Perfect Exhaust

Vehicle:Mercury Mountaineer Year:1997 Engine:5.0L V8 Previous Exhaust:OEM New Exhaust:True Dual Exhaust with two 40 series original flow flowmasters (Single Inlet,Single inlet) with 2 1/4 inch piping ran from collector back...with two side exit exhaust pipes with 3 inch tips ran right behind...
  6. M

body lift

i didnt even use the steering extension
  7. M

Billet Grill and Popping hood

its time for hood pins...cheap and easy to install and look great...
  8. M

Solved Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

yea you might just get a lil burnt for asking that question...and all you have to do is take a rachet and lots of pb blaster and crank the torsion bars and in the back you have to do shackles...you cant use a block, that will lower your explorer and the object as you say is to lift it....but do...
  9. M

Sticking Gas Pedal

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago....so spray some throttle body cleaner in the throttle body and around the flap and then wipe all the resine clean and that will clear up the gas pedal sticking...let me know if that works
  10. M

HELP! I can't get my rear rotors off

pound the S**t out of the rotor with a hammer around the lug bolts....that should break all the rust bonds it has formed....then it should easily slide off...let me know how it goes...if that doesnt work then try to lightly pry the rotor off with a crow bar or pry bar...
  11. M

Grinding noise

alright guys i got a question....i heard a grinding sound from the front of the car when i put on the brakes....so naturally i replaced the brake pads on both front brakes...and i still have the problem.....it just sounds like metal rubbing against metal....also when i turn to the right i hear...
  12. M

Sc Rulez!!!!

i know some trails around the greenville/spartanburg area
  13. M

Sc Rulez!!!!

my names chris im from greenville,sc...not to far from ya.....i have a 1997 mercury mountaineer with a 5.5 in lift and 31s fixing to be 33s...u can check it out at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744411/1
  14. M

Need Help: Explorer Eddie Bauer 97 Lift!

thanks...and no problem for the help...let me know if you need anymore help
  15. M

Need Help: Explorer Eddie Bauer 97 Lift!

as for the shocks on my 97 i have two in the front and three in the back (one shock is from the differential to the frame..the other two in the back is from the axle to the frame...)....but after my torsion bar twist which i got 2.5 inchs of lift out of mine with no problems...and the shackles i...
  16. M

How many of you offroad in your daily driver?

i take my mounty offroading and its my daily driver...i have flipped the mounty...scratched it badly...and have broken alot of car components...lol....but i still take her offroading....here she is if yall want to see her:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744411
  17. M

bushing removal help?

i got my body lift done and pics are at this website: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744411 back to your question....what i did was first i soaked the H*LL out of the bushing and the bolt...then i tightened a pair of vice grips to the metal plate and clamp it as hard as they would...
  18. M

3inch body lift on 1997 x?

they dont make one....you have to buy performance accessories part number 853 which is for the 1995-97 ranger and modify the bumper brackets....good luck... it will run you about 160 bucks....
  19. M

how do you tell if a cv joint in the front driveshaft is bad?

i have a 1997 mercury mountaineer.....and it has been making a bad clunking and popping noise and a jerky feeling when the front driveshaft is in....so i removed it and replaced all the ujoints and the problem still exists so i removed the driveshaft again.....so someone told me it could be the...
  20. M

What does everyone think about my 1997 mountaineer?

fourwheelparts.com
  21. M

nice looking explorer!!!
  22. M

yea i had to pull from them lol...its the only thing i had to pull from in the back
  23. M

i dont know though...those shackles i have, have done great... i have given them an extreme beating i have even been pulled out of the mud with them....
Back