Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Power Steering Question

Good info here! I've always worried about my noisy power steering (thinking that it's on its way out!). Good to know that it's relatively normal!
  2. W

Rough Idle and Cruising Speed- Weird-help

Sounds similar to some of the problems I had when my DPFE (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR solenoid) went. I guess it's a common problem (for 5.0's at least). Sorry, I didn't catch which motor you've got...
  3. W

why does it rev up?

Your best bet is to have it read at an Autozone or something similar for free! Don't bother purchasing one unless you're in the business of fixing cars or selling car parts! Good luck!
  4. W

Finally got my X-Cal3 yesterday

Ditto! During my everyday commute I enter the freeway on a steady uphill grade. With mid-throttle my engine speed usually stays around 3000rpm although the speed is progressively increasing. That's how a torque converter works when it's unlocked!
  5. W

Explorer Exhuast

The "Secondary Mufflers" :shifty_ey are removed (or whatever name it is that Ford called them for a while), so yes, there are two cats on the truck currently. The muffler is installed right where the pipe used to go into the rear outboard cat. I don't have any sound clips, but I'll try to...
  6. W

Explorer Exhuast

Something like my custom system could be right up your alley! It's a 2-in/2-out Flowmaster "50 Series SUV Performance Muffler" It's REALLY loud, but it sounds sweet (definitely some droning). I imagine it would sound even better with a set of Torque Monster Headers installed! I'm hoping...
  7. W

Lightning Exhaust?

Here's mine as another example. Mounty (4-door, obviously) 5.0L Rr cats removed; Flowmaster "SUV Muffler" attached just aft of Fr cats.
  8. W

Slow Fueling: Last 5+/- gal

I searched and haven't found any related topics, so I'm going to ask about an issue that bugs the crap outta me w/ my '98 Mounty... When I fill 'er up, the pump will always stop at around 16gal. At this time, I can hear the gas filling up into the filler neck, but then run back down into the...
  9. W

2009(?) SVT Adrenaline: EX and Sport Track??

Not quite... This one: as posted above. I didn't see any mention of it in the Press Release or anything, but mark my words that there will be an Explorer version as well - at least the group I saw had Explorers and Sport Tracs with the same front fascia and wheels.
  10. W

Perhaps "SVT" will not actually show its face, but this crowd of trucks definitely had a sports-truck oriented apperance. (And wheels were the same on EX and Sport Trac)
  11. W

I searched and didn't find anything else about this, so I thought I'd post this little tidbit here (actually, I searched via Yahoo and didn't find anything about the Adrenaline besides some alleged spy shots from a while back)... I haven't been keeping up on the status of whether a true SVT...
  12. W

v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs

OK, here's a question I feel like I should know the answer to: Am I correct that nothing needs to be done to the PCM or anything to complete this mod? (I'm thinking the MAF info is sufficient to give the airflow data to the computer, right?!) Thanks for all the great how-to knowledge everyone!
Back