Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Free mods.

The airbox( aircan) was the first thing I listed. Very common to do. Also. WTF is a "paper gauge mod"? The only stickies I found were here in the Need for speed section. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52
  2. E

Free mods.

Not nessessary HP gain. Just improvements in general. There are thousands of posts on things here & there but nothing in a list. Nor have I seen a FAQ of the most common problems. YOU MEAN THE RESISTOR DOESNT WORK!!!! Damn & I just spent $20 & $20 shippin gon it...LOL I'm KIDDING :)...
  3. E

Free mods.

I did a search on free mods & pretty much came up empty. Most forums I frequent have a sticky of some sort with free/ VERY cheap mod info. I havent found anythign liek that yet oin this site. Just a few posts of perople saying hack the can or get a $100 AFPK. I know there has to be a list of...
  4. E

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

BBFTD. I thought this was/is a good thread to bring back up. I was looking for a thread for some free mods & this came up. I forgot all about the TPS deal. This reminded me to do it. Even though I now get 280MTT( miles to tank) & darn near instant throttle response. I still have a lumpy...
  5. E

what happens if you're an idiot...

Take off the rear tires & check your brakes. Did something happen that told you the P-brake was on, or did you realize it & disengage it? I've accidentally driven with it on( not in the XLT) for about 50-60 miles & all it did is wear the brakes down slightly( almost not enough to notice) &...
  6. E

CEL codes/ High ALT output charge?

I am using the Actron scanner from AZ. But I just went & did it again today. I was in a hurry yesterday & thought they were 2 digit codes not three. I pulled them today & got the 565 canister purge solenoid. I figured it was bad. Because of some of the tests I did, recommended from the...
  7. E

What type of exhaust for my explorer??

I know it probably doesnt matter now. But with my 94. I got a loal shop to run 2.5" pipe. With the magnaflow 11256, but it was a bit loud for the family. So infront of it I had him put a magnaflow turbo muffler. Lord the sound is AWSOME now. With just the 11256 it sounded to much like a weed...
  8. E

CEL codes/ High ALT output charge?

Ok, here is what is going on. Been having trouble with the XLT. I finally figured out( after replacing everything that WAS bad) that the PCM was no good http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1167138#post1167138 I got 4 codes on the KOEO test( haevnt doen the other tests yet. 1...
  9. E

Yet another stumbling/stalling thread..No CEL

WHOOO HOOOO Finally got codes. The PCM was bad!! Went back to the bone yard & took out a PCM from another 94 & all that was different was the digit before last( mine was a NB this is a MB). I plugged it in at the yard, started it up & the rough idle went away immediatly, & the pick up that...
  10. E

Yet another stumbling/stalling thread..No CEL

Figured i'd update. On the 1st I replaced the Ignition lock. It stalled on the 2nd. So I know it wasnt that. The 3rd I went to the junkyard & got a TON of fuses, relays, ect.. I found 1 XLT that had ALL NEW relays so I got them all( I assume they probably had a similar problem, as I was about...
  11. E

Ignition lock replacement..I searched

Sorry I just saw this. It is after off. It goes like this( how I cna describe it easily)... Pos. 1 LOCK( when you can put in & take out your key) Pos. 2 OFF (turns off everything but allows yo uto test the system) Pos. 3 START( everything comes on right before you start the vehicle) Pos. 4...
  12. E

Early 90s Power Window Fix Info

Not Found The requested URL /fordmotors.html was not found on this server. Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2626 Server at www.rodneydickman.com Port 80
  13. E

Anyone have TSB 04-7-1 Full Text???

Not on there. But thought this might help you out. Recalls http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm TSB's http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/results.cfm
  14. E

92 sport O2 sensor: only 1?

I have 2. They are on the Y pipe. 1 on each bank. But I believe that the Pre 94's are different than the rest.
  15. E

Wheel cylinder leaking...what does this lead too?

Wheel clyinders act like disc brake calipers. Fluid pushes out little rods that press the brake shoes againt the drum.YES they are important. YES you need to replace them. They are normally not that expensive. I just called NAPA & the BEST ones they have are only $27. So $60, $3 for brake...
  16. E

fuel guage

It's more than likely the sending unit. Mine did the same. Then it read full empty. Then intermittent, ect.. If it isnt acting right it is going south on you. The only problem is. The sending unit isnt avail by its self. You have to buy the pump & everything. I think it was like $150 form NAPA(...
  17. E

Polyfill? small enclosure subs?

Polyfill is a fix for a improper enclosure design. A proper enclosure doesnt need it. Also if it is properly designed & you add polyfill, it will degrade it's performance. Also you didnt mention what type of enclosure it was. You donot add polyfill to anything other than sealed.
  18. E

Installed head unit, power antenna not working

Did you hack the harness or get an adapter? CC has the adapter that goes right from the HU to the factory harness. So everything will work with no guessing.
  19. E

Door rust...?any kits to repair?

Why not just get a new door skin. They should be available through the dealer or any parts house.
  20. E

Cruise Control dead

or fuse(s)
  21. E

Some general 8.8 questions

Lower left side of the tag should say something like 3L27 or 3 27( nothing in the space where the L would be). Remember just because it says something on the drivers side door doesnt mean that is what is in the vehicle. They could have done a swap themselves. Never know. The best way to...
  22. E

Power window motor replacement ?

Nope no motor. Just the regulator. On a side note. I just went to the j-yard today & got a immaculate headliner, rear hatch (glass & hatch) weatherstripping, & a TON of fuses, diodes, & misc things including a Owners manual & all the factory booklets.. for $40 'm going back on Monday for a...
  23. E

Power window motor replacement ?

Well, I went to the junkyard & got it. $50w/ motor & they pulled it. So I go tthat fixed now. I called up the local Ford dealer & no wonder people complain about them. I asked for a price on the regulator & you know they actually told me it was $253. I was like "are you sure?" & he said. Yup...
  24. E

Putting a "t" in a brake line?

Hum...have you aske Chief34 how he did it? I cant reference mine because I have ABS & only have 2 lines off the Master cyl then it splits to 4. I did a quick search & came up with this old post I dont know if it will help you or not...
Back