Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

'08 Front Pinion Seal and U joint - Replace

my front diffs pinion seal was spewing gear oil. so i replaced it and the front Ujoint (which turned out to be binded up) i couldn't find a write up so here a quick one. Front diff is basically a Dana 30 Front U joint : 1310 (NOT the 1310BC) Front Pinion Nut ( 1-1/8 Inch) Torx bolt on the...
  2. T

front drive shaft u joint size? 1330?

ford parts has it as a 1330 size but rock auto says its 1310 size? can someone tell me the right part for the front u joint? and what size straps i need. doing the front pinion seal but one of the Torx 30 bolts stripped so i am prepping for the worst case of needing cut the head off the bolt...
  3. T

surgin till warmed up

'08 ST XLT if i try and drive the truck before it warms up - 1 min or so then it will surge and jump like it is in first gear and someone is bounding the pedal 165k
  4. T

longer swaybar links for lift in front.

with the BTF and truxx lift my sway bar bushings are getting anhilated. trying to put in new pushings is nearly impossible even with the LCA being pressed up with a jack. i need longer bolts. or something. anyone have any luck or ideas. would grade 8 bolts work i can order them online for a few...
  5. T

longer front sway bar links

looking for some longer sway bar links that fit the 4th gen explorer and ST WITH the BTF upper and Strut lifft are installed. mine are getting chewed through with the extra stress. i need about 1 inch longer bolts, i can reuse the sleeve on my current moog setup. i guess grade 8 bolts would...
  6. T

AC compressor replace

looking for the replacement instructions 90% sure the clutch has gone bad. getting a bearing wear sound on the high end before a down shift, from the front-right of the engine bay. already replaced all my idlers, tensioner and belt.
  7. T

power steering diagram

anyone got the powersteering diagram - pump included? cant find a replacement video on any ford f150 or explorer betwwen 2005-2010 or a good video or diagram of the high pressure line.
  8. T

brake light / turn signal light Diagram

can someone share a wiring schematic for the taillight wiring. i am getting rear right bulb out message tried new bulbs new socket testing power but my trailer brakes and signals work fine... does the trailer harness splice off the turn signals or have a homerun to SJB....? 08 ST xlt job 1
  9. T

SJB / Rear turn signal

These SJBs suck btw. MOST STUPID design ever. does anyone have a wiring schematic (2008)? i am getting a RR turn signal/Brake light out with the relay hyper flashing ( the FR turn signal works). no illumination for brake, signal or hazard. Replaced the bulb. didnt fix. swapped the bulb ...
  10. T

Smart Junction (SJB) Box Question - turn signals

These SJBs suck btw. MOST STUPID design ever. does anyone have a wiring schematic (2008)? i am getting a RR turn signal/Brake light out with the relay hyper flashing ( the FR turn signal works). no illumination for brake, signal or hazard. Replaced the bulb. didnt fix. swapped the bulb ...
  11. T

Rear Bumper Extension - Drive Side

Looking for anyone selling this part #7A2Z-17810-APTM painted in factory black mines cracked. from a little bump. $120 from ford is f******* ridiculous. 7A2Z-17810-APTM - Ford Parts Prime
  12. T

Front Bumper - 2 Piece - upper needed

long story. someone ran a stop sign - no witness and cracked my front bumper and now im stuck repairing it. FO1000600 and inner fender extension ( bought one already) so i am looking for anyone parting out an X or ST 4th gen or selling a painted Black front bumper. *dont feel like buying a...
  13. T

Muth Signal and Heated Mirror Install 08 Sport Trac

i used a good bit of photos so here is a one drive link. to my write up if there are any issues. Muth Mirrors.docx Video Demo – Brake/signal used. 20190415_210542.mp4 Disclaimer - I used photos from Muths instructions. Muth Mirrors – with signals H-Mod – heating kit...
  14. T

After Market Struts

Deleted.
  15. T

Manual hubs for 4-Gen X or 2-Gen ST?

hoping someone has a better answer than what i found. is it possible to get locking hubs for the front wheels? orange / brown wire mod is not nearly as effective for what i want to do.
  16. T

07-2010 sport trac Drive shaft replacement - fort wayne

replacing the oem - 'non serviceable' drive shaft with fort waynes conversion to a serviceable carrier bearing. time:3-4 hours by myself with no impact just hand tools my broken carrier bearing.. the boot was torn and the shaft wasnt being suspended in the middle and rotating off axis and...
  17. T

Fort Wayne Drive Shaft - ordered

just bought the drive shaft should be here in a couple weeks. having my t-case rear output seal replaced too as its leaking. debating having them put the drive shaft in or not... i know it just bolts up but nervous about possible damaging it... but then again i rather do it myself and know...
  18. T

Drive shaft Center Bearing

So i've been noticing more and more vibration while driving at 45+mph speeds... even on brand new roads. went under the truck and found this at the center bearing on my drive shaft.... are these replaceable or what? other symptoms i am having are: Rough engaging of first gear from a slow coast...
  19. T

4.6L 3V PCV location - 2008

tried looking online for the past week and still having trouble with this. does this engine have a pcv valve that can be replaced on its own or is it pressed into the valve cover?
  20. T

2nd Gen Sport trac exhaust upgrade - gibson

hey all, over the weekend i replaced the stock catback exhaust with the gibson aluminzed cat back system. 08 ST first off. My experience in summary is that this thing is not made for the sport trac. it is just extremely close to fitting.... (assuming their is a frame length difference in the...
  21. T

Lift Information for Sport Trac. 2 gen. 08+

alright everyone. as someone whose been diggin around these forums, and other forums for lift information, tyre size i figured id combine everything ive found and put it all in one place. most of the threads have expired pictures but the information is there, which is what matters! right? the...
  22. T

TB spacer VS larger bore TB - ST Gen2

Whats everyones take on buying a throttle body spacer for around ~150$ vs buying the BBK Throttle Body (1759) for ~300$? i saw users on here with both was wondering what the comparison is.
  23. T

Rear bumper cover... replacement

anyone know how to replace the rear bumper cover. mine god hit and i see a new cover online for a good price. havent been able to find an install video or instructions.
  24. T

BRUSH GAURD?

Looking to buy a used brush guard with brackets to save $ anyone on the east coast selling any? My plan is to cut the guard off flush. (like a push bar) Unless someone knows where to get a push bar for 2nd gen sport tracs but i couldn't find anything used
  25. T

08 ST.... Spark Plugs... help

Hey yall, i want to replace the spark plugs.... i am aware of the 3 piece spark plugs that plague the TRITON engine and other ford engines... any idea if this is an issue in the 08 Sport Trac or was it fixed switching to the Gen2? trying to feel it out, probably going to buy and extractor...
Back