• Register Today It's free!

SJB / Rear turn signal

Tike

Reaction score
City, State
Greater Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Ford Sport Trac XLT
These SJBs suck btw. MOST STUPID design ever.
does anyone have a wiring schematic (2008)?

i am getting a RR turn signal/Brake light out with the relay hyper flashing ( the FR turn signal works).
no illumination for brake, signal or hazard.
Replaced the bulb. didnt fix. swapped the bulb , swapped the bulb and its connector to the RL - worked. tried the LR to the RR harness - still getting bulb out and hyper flashing. checked and replaced the fuse but it appears the fuse actually provides power to the SJB for multiple things - both brakes, turn signals towing.

my question. when the SJB detect and error with resistance or w.e do they stop sending power to that individual bulbs wire ( in my case its the Purple/Orange) ???
IT appears the SJB checks load on each bulb ( front and rear - per side) and each bulb has a independent wire going to it.
how can i chase down a ground issue? Bulb out- if i have NEG probe on the RR ground (black/yellow) and the POS probe on the RR signal (Purple/Orange) should i till get a voltage but with faster fluctuation then normal?

i checked for Resistance on both the RR signal wire and the Running light wire (bulb out). i get a high resistance when on the Turn Signal but 0 on the Running light wire ( i think its blue/white)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope this helps. I have a '07, and had a few odd issues. I bought a shop wiring manual and literally spent hours going thru it and the EX with no luck. I finally determined it was the SJB. The local dealership replaced it for $600+ ( I want to say about $660?). That fixed the issues.

3TrIYSmWuyeMWiKUzych6dQdYWWtoGKyIfENCumqV8P-feHAqxglHfjzsXK_Xl7ogvfyjiBiGJcckQ5NXzweMAKx4OdcGYzM5GmypojSvAw7tREjNZGxg8tZyPChyD4WyF_bJgUPP7Z2Q0WZz83_bfU_dWqVcCBbAODU0O4QoqeBd79yZLdXtbnbS7zKWqQo88m582U2Pu8TnuN-_9ILGeR0CTqLUoetypWv7hge3VqhXddG6YLymn4S56OknU1YILC1uGKXCCGMU5WyTSvq8H5dBjIsRryjqsnFsvKrmfVL03NvHV_fJDRN-X7QXrk5Loexa-Vd53yEe8x0UYs0LdycVgexuN8e7iX2o_ZIDcfKHRmncZe3WozzbOS3ir16_uH3n69DvhjPGYOJ5KNuIaLLc1AMbKGY6sfFKddMjoPkzC4QVsQACZLsIq6_vYusTcgSa8O2E9sz8qaZjQ1P8YCxWtLOf_2reJkNU5rjmPU33WMvgETqNP8sRAN96hWmXtRNLSCk25tUG5WAtBXvo-509cVlIBXxgN4mg6L1gJRpGlget-smlwgAEYoew3i8zfpZIkYYqs8HxWjBb1cYqvVueZGS_Kgs2B9Xm0UVZxdaYxWgcf2Yxc0_Ueu_jL4VqY_2r8dcb6lbQkOxFW2ZBI9_UdHkMemcFdTwjYlfny9aEvme0Jro4L4=w1131-h636-no

I hope this helps. I have a '07, and had a few odd issues. I bought a shop wiring manual and literally spent hours going thru it and the EX with no luck. I finally determined it was the SJB. The local dealership replaced it for $600+ ( I want to say about $660?). That fixed the issues.

3TrIYSmWuyeMWiKUzych6dQdYWWtoGKyIfENCumqV8P-feHAqxglHfjzsXK_Xl7ogvfyjiBiGJcckQ5NXzweMAKx4OdcGYzM5GmypojSvAw7tREjNZGxg8tZyPChyD4WyF_bJgUPP7Z2Q0WZz83_bfU_dWqVcCBbAODU0O4QoqeBd79yZLdXtbnbS7zKWqQo88m582U2Pu8TnuN-_9ILGeR0CTqLUoetypWv7hge3VqhXddG6YLymn4S56OknU1YILC1uGKXCCGMU5WyTSvq8H5dBjIsRryjqsnFsvKrmfVL03NvHV_fJDRN-X7QXrk5Loexa-Vd53yEe8x0UYs0LdycVgexuN8e7iX2o_ZIDcfKHRmncZe3WozzbOS3ir16_uH3n69DvhjPGYOJ5KNuIaLLc1AMbKGY6sfFKddMjoPkzC4QVsQACZLsIq6_vYusTcgSa8O2E9sz8qaZjQ1P8YCxWtLOf_2reJkNU5rjmPU33WMvgETqNP8sRAN96hWmXtRNLSCk25tUG5WAtBXvo-509cVlIBXxgN4mg6L1gJRpGlget-smlwgAEYoew3i8zfpZIkYYqs8HxWjBb1cYqvVueZGS_Kgs2B9Xm0UVZxdaYxWgcf2Yxc0_Ueu_jL4VqY_2r8dcb6lbQkOxFW2ZBI9_UdHkMemcFdTwjYlfny9aEvme0Jro4L4=w1131-h636-no

thanks for the response, unfortunately the image did not upload

These SJBs suck btw. MOST STUPID design ever.
does anyone have a wiring schematic (2008)?

i am getting a RR turn signal/Brake light out with the relay hyper flashing ( the FR turn signal works).
no illumination for brake, signal or hazard.
Replaced the bulb. didnt fix. swapped the bulb , swapped the bulb and its connector to the RL - worked. tried the LR to the RR harness - still getting bulb out and hyper flashing. checked and replaced the fuse but it appears the fuse actually provides power to the SJB for multiple things - both brakes, turn signals towing.

my question. when the SJB detect and error with resistance or w.e do they stop sending power to that individual bulbs wire ( in my case its the Purple/Orange) ???
IT appears the SJB checks load on each bulb ( front and rear - per side) and each bulb has a independent wire going to it.
how can i chase down a ground issue? Bulb out- if i have NEG probe on the RR ground (black/yellow) and the POS probe on the RR signal (Purple/Orange) should i till get a voltage but with faster fluctuation then normal?

i checked for Resistance on both the RR signal wire and the Running light wire (bulb out). i get a high resistance when on the Turn Signal but 0 on the Running light wire ( i think its blue/white)
You guys won’t believe it , give me the benefit of the doubt and try this fifteen times, move your drive wheel back and forward and then re test . The dust accumulated makes a sort of false contact resulting in the symptom. To get rid off for the problem for ever apply high pressure air or contact cleaner and wipe out all the dust within the drive wheel case . Have a wonderful day.

Just
You guys won’t believe it , give me the benefit of the doubt and try this fifteen times, move your drive wheel back and forward and then re test . The dust accumulated makes a sort of false contact resulting in the symptom. To get rid off for the problem for ever apply high pressure air or contact cleaner and wipe out all the dust within the drive wheel case . Have a wonderful day.
Just in case , you have to pull the lever beneath the drive wheel located at the left while you tear up and down the drive wheel for about 15 times. That worked so well for me. Be the time I did this I also checked every single fuse in the dashboard driver side with no luck, also the bulbs.

Back