Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

where should I put my jack stands?

Actually, I work an hours drive from Ajax, Ontario... but hey, your loss... certainly not mine...
  2. E

Multipoint Sequential Gas Injection?

Seems to me like a lot of folks in Europe run LPG. The way our fuel prices are going, it may not be long untill we do too!
  3. E

Fuel Injector leaking

I wouldn't suggest it.
  4. E

dpfe sensor

Basic part no. 9C915 is a fuel vapor canister purge solenoid. You'd be able to start your engine with it off, but there will be a bit of a vacuum leak. You may want to plug the hose on the engine side temporarily.
  5. E

I am in tears, need help with Blend door fix

You can't replace just the blend door, the whole heater box needs to be changed. There are a few "band-aid" repairs out there, some appear to last longer than others. It'll cost a few bucks to change, as the entire dashboard needs to be removed to get the box out and in.
  6. E

slow shift to reverse 99 Explorer

It certainly is one of the concerns that can be caused by a torn valve body gasket, or loose valve body. Although the more common problem is the 2-3 shift flare up, delayed or no reverse engagement is also a symptom.
  7. E

Help with Codes P0401 and P1401

Too bad you're not in a green state, or it would be covered up to 74,000 miles... oh well. I can't understand why they would charge $190... seems like dealers are a rip off down there... too bad.
  8. E

What are the correct ABS sensor Ohms readings for a 02 X????

Wheel speed sensors on 3rd gen. without traction control can be tested with an ohm meter, but there is no spec published that I can find... Seeing that the resistance in your front sensors are almost the same, I wouldn't suspect a problem. The rear sensor in 3rd gen is the same as 2nd gen, so...
  9. E

Help with Codes P0401 and P1401

Depending on your mileage, campaign 02M01 extended the warranty on DPFE sensors to 75000 miles (I think, it's 100000 KM up here, I'm not sure about the US warranty).
  10. E

Stalling Explorer Sport-Trac... HELP!!

Sounds very much like an IAC problem to me too.
  11. E

Nah... I still like using the torsion bars... Hah.
  12. E

Hey, if it broke, I'd take full responsibility. If these bars can't support the weight of the vehicle, I'm sure that they'd be snapping like twigs everytime you bottom them out on a rock while off roading... same goes for the differential pumpkin as far as I am concerned.
  13. E

Well... I appologize if the majority don't agree with the way that I do things. I was just answering a question with my answer... I now understand that it is not an "Explorer Forum" accepted procedure. To some of the other questions that I saw since I've made my statement... yes, I do support...
  14. E

I've lifted off the torsion bars tonnes of times... never a problem... are you guys all assuming that it's bad, or do you have anything to go by???
  15. E

OHV works better without maf?? help!

Sounds like your mechanic is more of a darts player. Is he using the correct MAF sensor?
  16. E

lost of power

Check the battery connections, the power connections at the power distribution box, alternator and starter, and the ground at the starter for starters... haha... no pun intended...
  17. E

ABS Light?

It seals with an O-ring... just wiggle it out.
  18. E

Bad Head Gasket?

A good idea to maybe get the heads pressure tested at a machine shop too... It would really suck to do all that work to find that there is a cracked head.
  19. E

A/C problems...

There are alot of alternative refrigerants on the market that are compatable with R12 systems and require no conversion, the big problem with these are is that most of them contain propane... not a nice thing to have in your car if there's a fire.
  20. E

fuel pump switch

If you want to rule out the inertia switch, disconnect it and temporarily bypass it with a jumper wire... but don't leave it like that, because it is there for a reason.
  21. E

4R55E rebuild woes....no reverse,neutral

I'm with the manual valve theory.
  22. E

Manifold to Y-Pipe Stud Removal

Drill them out and retap the hole.
  23. E

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Another thing that is pretty weird is Ford does not recommend cleaning fuel injectors, as they are "supposed to be" deposit resistant, and injector cleaner is "supposed to" remove the teflon coating from the injector.
  24. E

SOHC timing chains

The only way to do it is with the right tools. It's an interference fit engine, and it's not worth trying to take short cuts.
  25. E

Gear setup questions

I'm still unfamiliar with the numbers you have on the pinion gear, so I can't help you with that. If you've over tightened your pinion, you will need a new collapsable spacer. I don't understand what you mean about carrier bearing preload, backlash perhaps?? When you are changing a gearset...
Back