Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Fluctuating temp gauge

I'm having the same problems, and was wondering if anyone had installed a flex fan with any good results and if so where they had purchased the spacer and the size of the fan installed.
  2. T

Gas Guage went out...how do I find out why?

I hope mine doesn't cost more than that to fix. I found that there are four wires running to the tank, but the manual I'm using is for a Navajo hopefully the color codes are the same. Now I just need some time to get underneath the vehicle to try and trouble shoot. thanks Mike
  3. T

I was thinking if it was the float, that got soaked that it would be dead all the time. when I hit that bump and it worked for about 5 minutes now I'm thinking that it could be some type of loose connection. when i checked the underneath of my vehicle that was a branch stuck near the wiring...
  4. T

Having the same problem with 92 sport My guage was working off and on for alittle while and now it finally died. I took the vehicle Off roading and hit a pretty good bump and it started to work again. My question for those of you who took off the tank before is. Is the tank Plastic? and...
  5. T

92 sport over heating

92 Explorer Thanks for the reply, I will be sure to check the themostat. I noticed that my coolant mixture was alittle off and corrected this. I drove it up the mountain once more and it helped. Noted that I have pinging at the R for normal which I think shouldn't occur because its still in...
  6. T

92 sport over heating

I own a 92 explorer sport with 131,500 miles, recently my hose had sprung a leak and I had fixed this problem without the vehicle going past the L in normal. My vehicle normally doesn't run past the O in normal and while enroute to my favorite hunting spot. Which is up in a high mountain my...
  7. T

Valve Job

three angle valve job means that the seat part of the head is ground 30' 45' 90' and that the valve it self is normally 45' I beleive that most machine shops should do a three angle job.
  8. T

Cracked cylinder head symptoms

I've sent my 92 to the dealership while it was under warranty they told me the leak was the gaskets, new gaskets went in, then the other two times they said the radiator cap was bad. My coolant leval drops a bit every month but no coolant in the oil no coolant on the ground. I always thought it...
  9. T

How can I increase my gas mileage?

I've got a 92 sport that gets 20-24mpg with the a/c on the only thing i have is a KKM filter.
  10. T

knocking from altenator

I've got off my lazy butt and changed the alternater and all noises have disappeared. thank you for all advice/information given.
  11. T

knocking from altenator

thank you, for the information.
  12. T

knocking from altenator

thanks for the information, I'll check it in the morning.
  13. T

Engine missing

compression? Injectors? head gasket? not enough info. to guess. my 2 cents
  14. T

High RPM's???

The only time i had the check engine light come on was just before that air duct from the mass air flow sensor came off. vehicle could only idle after that. 2 cents
  15. T

mike's 92 sport

I have a 92 Explorer Sport basically stock with 101,000 miles on it. factory white and black sorry no photo. I live in Hawaii "Maui" my E-mail takao@mauigateway.com
  16. T

knocking from altenator

just took the surpintine off noted that all pulleys rotate smoothly and yes even the alt where the noise is comming from any body has an idea why the noise is happening?
  17. T

knocking from altenator

even when I was a teen, I've never seen a alt for $30.00. Price of gas regular unleaded $1.64.
  18. T

knocking from altenator

thanks marty, however there's no autozones here on Maui, just priced a alt its $180.00 what ever happened to the good old days when it was $70.00.
  19. T

Manual Transmission Noise

My 92 sport has a manual shift transfer and the mazda transmission, My friends 92 Xlt has the electric shift with the mazda trans. just had to add my 2 cents. sorry
  20. T

knocking from altenator

thank you for the advise.
  21. T

knocking from altenator

when my 92 sport idles theres a knocking noise comming from the altenator. noted that it is the original alt, and that I have 100,000 miles on my sport. is there a way to rebuild it or do I have to buy a new one.
Back