Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Chief's 5.0 and T-5 swap are finished results and Comparisons

Congratulations! I really enjoyed your thorough write up. I imagine it will help a lot of people out on similar projects, along with making a lot of people want to do similar projects!!!
  2. C

M5R1 and M5OD?

Also, from my own personal experience, I'd recommend regular ATF rather than synthetic. It works better in my transmission at least.
  3. C

M5R1 and M5OD?

The Mazda transmission is the only thing offered in Explorers. The Mitsubishi tranny was found in Rangers and BII's with 3.0 and smaller engines. To the extent of my knowledge, the M5OD and M5R1 are the same transmission called different names by different people. The M5 was offered even in...
  4. C

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

Cool. I look forward to seeing more updates.
  5. C

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

I have followed your posts since the beginning and really like your work. I think your Explorer is very original and is one of the first I had seen using leaves in the front. The shifter, though, thats quite a reach isn't it?
  6. C

Prefer Auto. or Manual Transmission?

If this is how you drive a stick, then you need to get a clue. If you're more concerned with eating, talking on your cell phone, and anything else you feel like doing instead of paying attention to the road, maybe you should stick to riding a bike.
  7. C

New C6 Vette uncovered!!

The new Vette looks sweet. GM is trying to regain supremecy over Ford again and I think they have some good ideas. Well, the Monaro and this new Vette might be all actually... nevermind. At least they aren't going "retro" like the new Musatng II, oh I mean Mustang II / 60's fastback.
  8. C

Skyjacker lift on 4wp

The thing to do to get the correct answer is to call Skyjacker or email them directly.
  9. C

Millitarized Explorer

Wow, that is very original and very nice. I can tell you put a lot of thought into designing everything on it. I really like it.
  10. C

Who Loves RedBull?

I propose a new title for this thread: "Who likes drinking bull nut juice?"
  11. C

Jaws IS solid!! (56k warning)

Wow, I'm glad you finally got it pretty much done! It looks great. I can't wait to see some shots of how well the setup works.
  12. C

Jefe's SAS

That looks really nice! I bet the back will move once you put some bumpstops up front. It looks like the front is softer so it just uses up its travel first when you don't have a bunch of weight on the back. Great Job!
  13. C

91 xlt lift questions?

I would recommend avoiding Superlift. I sure wish I would have saved up to do a solid axle up front or at least gotten the Skyjacker lift instead. There is a big difference in the quality of the two. Superlift does have really good customer service though.
  14. C

Will a '90 Ranger 5-speed fit in a '92 Explorer?

410, What changed in the M5R1 after 94? I am always worrying about my tranny even though it only has 80K on it.
  15. C

ford 8.8" strength

The bracketry on the center section of the diff in that pic is for the linkage to mount to. It really does nothing as far as an axle truss. The box stock welded along the back of the axle strengthens the rear end front to back, though. However, the best thing to make would be a truss to...
  16. C

swapping lift from broncoII to 92 explorer xlt

Just as an FYI, another good site to visit is therangerstation.com. There is an abundance of knowledge there especially with the BII.
  17. C

hvac man

Clint was really easy to work with and cut me a great deal on a set of wheels. I recommend doing business with him to anyone.
  18. C

Scoop's On!!!

I agree with James. I don't see much that other people do that I like, but that truely looks good!!!
  19. C

1994 Explorer w/ Solid Dana 30 PICS......

Muskrat, thats kind of what I was wondering...
  20. C

New Ford Mustangs...

Can you say Mustang II front end? The back is nice, but the front kills it.
  21. C

more from my 429

Kindof. I also have a 69 k-code engine and my carb is rusted beyond help. I wanted this one for a sleeper type factor.
  22. C

more from my 429

I'm interested in the 2bbl carb after you pull it off. I'll give you $5 and shipping if that isn't very much. Does it have 1.23 on the side of it?
  23. C

Flex-a-Lite Serpentine Belt Driven Flex Fan?

No those pictures are great I just wanted to see what type of spacer setup you had and how close it put it to the radiator. So this fan makes more noise than the stocker huh?
  24. C

Thats just what I was looking for! How does it cool? I see you live in Florida so if it does good there I bet it'd do good most places. Where do you get the adapter, also through Flex-a-Lite or is it something you need to hit the junk yard for? Thanks again.
  25. C

Hey I appreciate it. I am really anxious to see what the set-up looks like on your explorer.
Back