Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Synthetic ATF vs. Addiitives

Assuming take it back to advanced autoparts, I would imagine they may take the fluid back, they take oil and batteries as far as I know. Anyone able to answer my question?
  2. M

This is exactly what I plan on doing, incase my explanation wasn't clear enough, the same question still applies. I have a suggestion for the module on tranny fluid change - it is a variation of Dr. Bob's original idea. It can easily be done by one person working alone and doesn't have the...
  3. M

According to my manual it says 10 quarts, I have the 4liter engine with 4x4. But I've heard several people say 16 quarts. I think I'm going to follow the prodecure at the bottom of this page Dead Link Removed Basicaly I'll have one bucket filled with new clean atf, and another empty, hook a...
  4. M

Ok, so now how much fluid roughly would the 4.0 need? Anyone know?
  5. M

When you say top, you mean the metal line connected to the back of radiator, vs. the lower which is connected on the side, I just want to double check, don't want to make a mistake when dealing with the transmission. Thanks
  6. M

well I just went to look at my radiator, and realized, I have no idea which line is which, anyone haven any pics, or diagrams, or anything to help me out?
  7. M

That sounds fairly straight forward, I think I may attempt to do that myself, and install the secondary filter. Thanks
  8. M

Ok, I'm almost positive that I'm going to use synthetic, but how hard is it to do yourself? Jifffy lube said that it would cost me about 140 if I wanted to have them do it with Mobil 1. I saw the explanation of how to do it on the explorer maintenance guide, and it seemed kind of complicated...
  9. M

Want to have the tranny fluid changed, but I'm curious of what benifits the synthetic fluid has. I mean it is 50 bucks more, than having regular fluid put in. Also if I get regular, how well do the additives work? thanks
  10. M

Door/Dash Swap

Check this thread out http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45620 I think Kris is attempting something similar.
  11. M

Mounting lights behind grille

So how did this turn out, I'm interested in mounting my PIAA 1400's behind the grille, seems like a safe spot for them. I found this at galls http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=GR105 but it doesn't have any dimensions, based on the picture it looks too wide for my 1400s. So...
  12. M

anyone in south carolina?

I'll be moving to Charleston for school in august. But I'm probably not bringing my X But I'd deffinately like to get involved with some wheeling once I do get my X down there. Mark
  13. M

A couple of wiring questions

These are probably some pretty dumb questions about wiring some lights. First off how do you splice wires? and second I bought an iluminated switch, it has 3 prong things on the bottom. I'm assuming one is for ground, one for power, and one coming from the relay? THird could someone explain...
  14. M

Fighting A Speeding Ticket in MA

GOD DID I GET A LUCKY BREAK. I was found NOT RESPONSIBLE. They really keep you hanging untill the very end the officer representing the town told her side, all very seriously, and then the Clerk asked me my side, which I did I horrible job of telling my story. I thought well there goes $205...
  15. M

Fighting A Speeding Ticket in MA

Well it's been a while, and tommorow is my court date, my first connection was a no go, I guess the two cops didn't get along. But my EMT instructor happens to be best friends with the cops brother, who happened to pull me over, not to mention me EMT instructors father is the police chief in...
  16. M

what is boost/how does it work

I see now, about the whole more fuel thing. I'm probably beating this into the ground but baiscally because of the increased pressure in the cylinder there are more air molecules per certain amount of space to combust with the fuel? So it's kinda like having a larger engine with a smaller one...
  17. M

HELP!!!!

Custom EMT Box/ redlight permit I'd like to see some pics of the custom emt box when you finish with it. I'm also hoping to get a red light permit, probably this summer, I dunno if the permits work the same way in new york as in mass for emts. Hey where are you going to get the light, they...
  18. M

one more question On the howstuff works article it said that normal atmospheric pressure is like 14.7psi, so if you had 8psi of boost would the atmospherice pressure in the cylinder be 22.7psi? And so the increased pressure also sucks more fuel in just because there is more of a vacume type...
  19. M

Thanks for the info, I also found an article about it on how stuff works, but yours was a bit more detailed Stephen. Me and my friends were talking about preformance and cars, etc. and boost came up, so I figured this was the place to answer my question. As far as the pirellis I like them...
  20. M

what is boost/how foes it work what exactly is meant by boost? And how does it work? All I really know is a supercharger produces boost. From my minimal knowledge of how a supercharger works, I'd say the super charger forces the air into the engine changing the compression ratio or something...
  21. M

What combination of Zaino should I use

I have Z2, Z5,Z6, and Z18. I was just wondering what is the best order to apply everything. thanks
  22. M

Exhaust question

What's the difference between a catback system, and if I were to buy a muffler ang go to a shop and have them install it. I was looking at truckpreformance.com, and you can get a borla muffler for about 85 bucks, and other threads make it sound like having someone do some custom work is pretty...
  23. M

95/96 sport seat covers work with a 98

Will 95/96 seat covers, like the type you get at the dealer ship to replace the actual cloth, well will they fit on a '98? Both are sports.
  24. M

Herculiner on my Bumpers/Trim

I like my gray trim, so if I have to I will pay the extra money. I probably won't start untill spring, so I have some time to find the best price. I also just ordered zaino Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z18. That should hopefully take care of some of my scratches on the actual body.
  25. M

Herculiner on my Bumpers/Trim

Where is the best place to get herculiner? It said the gray costs $140, do they make it in the quart size, because I don't think I'll need the whole gallon, and are there any alternative brands to herculiner?
Back