Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

My rear brake lights are not working.

The brake lights and turn signals use different parts of a dual element bulb, so your first comment was plausible. The fact that both went out at the same time made me skeptical about a bulb problem.
  2. E

'07 Sport Trac Replacement Fog Lamps

I have a fog lamp that's developed a leak and I'm looking for a replacement. I have seen these on eBay: Linky thingy here. Anyone have any experience with these?
  3. E

2006 Ford Explorer V8 Limited Canadian headlights

I suspect that if you find a factory wiring diagram, it will show you the location of the DRL module. You should be able to order a jumper block from Ford to replace the module - you can't just disconnect it.
  4. E

2006 Ford Explorer V8 Limited Canadian headlights

IIRC, his Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are what's really on - probably high beams at a lower power. GM used a separate lamp for this on pickups and full-sized SUVs, IIRC.
  5. E

Grille guard installation

fixed yer pics
  6. E

LIGHTING FAQ's & ANSWERS !!!!! LOM & MORE!!!

Link changed. New linky thingy.
  7. E

Possible '07 Sport Trac Foglamp Mod

Found this thread on another forum for the '07 Ranger Sport. Anyone have any idea if this would work on an '07 Sport Trac?
  8. E

back-up lights ?

. . . and the rest of the car shortly thereafter. FWIW; AFAIK; IMHO; YMMV; yadda, yadda, yadda. Regards, Ed Mann Albert says, "Click here for free Gator wallpaper."
  9. E

2007 sport trac fog lights

Any chance you could post a picture of the fog lamp wiring diagram for the 2007 Sportrac? I'd like to work out a mod to keep the fog lamps on when the high beams come on. FWIW; AFAIK; IMHO; YMMV; yadda, yadda, yadda. Regards, Ed Mann click here to email me Bobby Bowden is doing a...
  10. E

Fog Lamp Mod 2001 (1999-2001?) Explorer

If you did this on the '98, it won't work. Should be good on your '02.
  11. E

Fog Lamp Mod 2001 (1999-2001?) Explorer

This mod is for '99 to '01 (and maybe later) model years. If your profile is correct, you have a '98 and need a different mod. It's here in the archives somewhere.
  12. E

HIDs on a budget

You'd have to get a set of e-code housings from Europe. The bulb requires a much larger hold than a 9007. If someone wanted to get some of my money, they'd make a diamond clear housing for the 95 to 01 Explorer, but set up for H-4 bulbs. I'd buy those in a heartbeat.
  13. E

Hella Headlights?

You may be able to do better elsewhere: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/9007.asp
  14. E

fog bulb conversion

Do a search for fog and 9005.
  15. E

HID Hi/Low

I have seen the third option on ebay, but they were all in H4 size. Hard to picture getting both an HID unit and a halogen bulb through the smaller hole for the 9007 bulb.
  16. E

Need Wiring Hella Lights!!!!!!!!

Just looking at the lamps, they appear to be a combination driving/fog type ant I suspect that the fog and driving parts are meant to be on at separate times, not at the same time. Just a guess. I'd go with a relay setup off of a spdt switch.
  17. E

off road light wiring question

What is the voltage on those aircraft lights?
  18. E

Headlight Relay Location

AFAIK, there is no headlamp relay.
  19. E

List your Yr. & Model & Fog Builb

2001 4-door XLT H1 in adapter.
  20. E

91, where is headlight relay?

No relay in the headlamp circuit, AFAIK.
  21. E

Hella's blew relay, replaced now lights aren't as bright

Just a thought. IIRC, some of the Hella relays have a fuse on the side built into the relay housing. Could that "bad" relay just be a blown fuse? May be something else going on here.
  22. E

is there a light bulb replacement write-up?

This would be a good candidate for a writeup, complete with photos.
  23. E

light help needed

<edited just because I could> I don't think this is correct. Does the cable on the + side of the battery go to the frame? If it goes to the starter, then you have - ground. What Toyota does do is they switch the ground side of the headlamp circuit. Go to this page...
Back