Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2004 V8 Explorer check charging system problem.

Have you tried a alternator from the Ford Dealership?
  2. P

Instructions Or Video On How To Replace Motor Mounts

Hey did you ever get a reply to this thread?
  3. P

Stop "check charging system" beeping?

Update.. 2005 Explorer V8 XLT Battery light on and The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the message center was on after using a refurb from Auto Zone .... AutoZone alt. was returned,, I was getting a full charge, but i don't think it was talking back to the truck to turn the the battery light off in...
  4. P

Check Charging System

Update.. 2005 Explorer V8 XLT Battery light on and The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the message center was on after using a refurb from Auto Zone .... AutoZone alt. was returned,, I was getting a full charge, but i don't think it was talking back to the truck to turn the the battery light off in...
  5. P

Newbie here

6. P

2005 XLT V8 Check Charging System

7. P

Replaced alt. still not charging the battery.

Update.. 2005 Explorer V8 XLT Battery light on and The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the message center was on after using a refurb from Auto Zone .... AutoZone alt. was returned,, I was getting a full charge, but i don't think it was talking back to the truck to turn the the battery light off...
  8. P

Yes I have the one with the black cover on the back. I'm gonna have them check it on there machine.. RATS!!
  9. P

Newbie here

The battery is a Diehard Gold and about 2months old and I am getting 14v at the battery and the B+ on the alt.
  10. P

Battery is 2 months old, its a Sears diehard Gold..
  11. P

Newbie here

Humm Thanks.. I will check tomorrow.. can't see why Ford doesn't make these fusible links more easy to see.. I look and looked but still didn't see any.. I will have to check again with a razor blade and start cutting the old tape open to see inside.. thanks.. hope it works.. the dang...
  12. P

Humm.. my 2005 has only two wires on the connector and the B+ the red 8gauge wire going to the batt.. unless i'm missing something
  13. P

2000 Explorer Alternator Battery Problems

What was the outcome?
  14. P

Newbie here

Ok.. joejv4 so what was the outcome? this forum only works when people follow up with the solutions :-)
  15. P

Check Charging System

DB04 and Fordy55,, what fixed the problem?? This forum only works when we follow up with solutions to our problems
  16. P

Ok.. my battery light came on.. alt was dead not charging.. I replaced the alt. all voltages are good. but the message center keeps saying "check charging system" the two small wires in the connector are reading 12+ volts each and the red is reading 14+ and i am getting 14volts at the battery...
  17. P

2005 XLT Check Charging System Ok.. my battery light came on.. alt was dead not charging.. I replaced the alt. all voltages are good. but the message center keeps saying "check charging system" the two small wires in the connector are reading 12+ volts each and the red is reading 14+ and i am...
  18. P

Ok.. was the battery light on as well.. did you ever correct the problem or find out what is was?
  19. P

Hey did the battery light go out.. I just changed my alt, and it was bad.. and now the light wont go out. all voltages are good.. i have a 2005 V8
  20. P

Rear Differential Fluid Change Question

2005 rear diff plug removal What tool did you use to remove the drain plug?
  21. P

A/C Light Swap

Burnt out bulb Mine just blew out on one side.. I just took the bulb into the dealership and they matched them up with some new ones.. and guess what they where FREE!!
  22. P

Amplifier Location

If I mount them under the rear seats.. will it interfere with the seat folding down, it looked like a very small space underneath...
  23. P

Amplifier Location

Ok, I will check that...
  24. P

Amplifier Location

The left side has a small amplifier looking thing in there is that a amp.. I haven't checked the right side yet.. I have the storage compartment...
  25. P

Amplifier Location

Are you referring to the compartment where the rear washer fluid is..? I was thinking about maybe two Rockford Fosgates....
Back