1. C

Front suspension knock

Thank you👍🏼
  2. C

Front suspension knock

Thank you 👍🏼
  3. C

Front suspension knock

Ok everyone I have a 2017 explorer xlt 59,000 miles on it. Started having a knocking in the front suspension over small bumps occasionally . Looking through some threads on the site i started inspecting the suspension . Everything looked pretty good and tight . The lovely Chicago streets I’m...
  4. C

Active grille shutters

Very welcome always glad to help
  5. C

2017 xlt suspension updates.

Ok looking for advice on suspension upgrades . I did a steeda rear sway bar , great improvement. Wondering what other people did . PIU springs shocks , koni shocks? Bilstein? Looking for what people have done?
  6. C

2018 PIU with 18 XLT harness, intelligent access, Sync 3, BCM Brainstorm.

Ok here’s what i can do i can send you the as built data from my 2017 xlt 3.5 4wd 3.65 explorer . I also have the as built data from my 2018 3.7 PIU i used to drive at the fire dept
  7. C

2018 PIU with 18 XLT harness, intelligent access, Sync 3, BCM Brainstorm.

I may be able to help with the piu as built data
  8. C

2019 Sport Brakes Questions

Akebono are great pads , on my wifes 2017 i thought i’d go with motorcraft oem pads . I opened the box and on the side of the pad what did is say ??? Akebono !!!! There ya go!!!
  9. C

Active grille shutters

I do find it hard to believe 4mpg on removing shutters , between you and all i did was initially put a post up of my mods and what i thought . And you were kind enough to give your input in a nice way . I respect that . My original post was just what i did , but the moderator thought it was...
  10. C

Active grille shutters

Police secure idle locks the shifter if you walk outside the car with your key fob . Check on the forscan website
  11. C

Active grille shutters

Well i can accept that explanation but 2015 and early explorers never had grill shutters right????Right I never heard if anyone complain their explorers took too long to get hot air into the cabin . The sports as far a i know don’t have shutters either are they complaining their explorer...
  12. C

Active grille shutters

Ok thank you for your input .
  13. C

Active grille shutters

Ok thats fine . I really don’t think active shutter are gonna put ANY explorer into a better mileage category so be it ! Thanks for YOUR input !
  14. C

Active grille shutters

Ok so I am gonna post a thread on what i recently did and why . So after looking up active grill shutters and what they do , I decided to do a mod on them . So i removed my front bumper facia ,( fairly easy ) and removed and modified my active grill shutters. Why ? Simply to give better cooling...
  15. C

PIU drive mode

Wow very cool thank you for all that information much appreciated
  16. C

2017 explorer 3.5NA 4wd livernois

Ok boys and girls i decided to pull the trigger on a livernois tune. So here is my 2 cents . I have a 2017 explorer 4wd 3.5L naturally aspirated. It is my daily driver so i chose an 87 performance tune , i did discuss with them my options And my honest opinion is this . If your gonna go with a...
  17. C

PIU drive mode

You are exactly right , after doing research and even looking at my 2017 PIU brochure they donot have a terrain mode selector . I have seen some with a factory console with cup holders , even seen with some with rear air controls and ford aluminum rims available in the PIU brochure but none...
  18. C

PIU drive mode

Could they just be vinyl ???
  19. C

PIU drive mode

Ok just curious
  20. C

PIU drive mode

Check on car gurus i have seen them occasionally that is why i was wondering about them . This is the one
  21. C

PIU drive mode

Here is a pic of a 2017 PIU with a center console and a terrain selector!
  22. C

PIU drive mode

I have seen piu with terrain mode selector !
Back