Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

instrument cluster light bulbs???

I've got a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 2WD and i had a light go out behind my gas gauge in my instrument cluster. i've got to all my local shops and no luck, i can order them thru the Ford Dealership here but just wanted to see if anyone else have ordered these thru other websites. On the back of...
  2. R

new wheels for my 2010 Ford Explorer and questions?

Folks, i've got the stock rims on my 2010 Ford Explorer XLT and they are fine but i would really like the ones that come on the Limited in that same year. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where i could possibly find them? Thanks i wanted to post a picture but on this site i'm...
  3. R

noise/rattle behind tachometer and speedomoter???

Folks, i've got a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 and have owned it about 1 year now. Love the vehicle but have a question, every time i crank it up in the mornings there is a noise behind the dash and seems to come from behind the tachometer and speedometer, mostly behind the tach, not really...
  4. R

2010 oil change

Folks, i just too my "new to me" 2010 Explorer with a 4.0 V-6 in for the first oil change since i've had it, it just turned over 67,000 miles. Anyway i had a Firstone coupon for $19.99 and when i went to get my car and pay they told me $55.00 and i said what? Anyways the manager, who i know...
  5. R

upgrade to OEM navigation and sync.

Folks, i have a 2010 Explorer that has Sync and and would love to upgrade to a factory or OEM head unit that has Navigation, Sync and so forth, i'm having trouble finding what web site i could order one, can anyone point me in the right direction where something like this can be purchase? thank you
  6. R

2010 ford explorer, blowing cold air from vents then to defrost by themselves.

Folks i've read thru a few posts here but just yesterday my 2010 explorer with 61,000 miles on it started going crazy, i was heading home from work and had the AC on blowing thru the vents at me then all of a sudden they started blowing thru the dash like on defrost and also to the floor then it...
  7. R

under hood weather stripping, 2010 Exp.

folks, I'm trying to locate the part number on the weather stripping that goes under the front of the hood right where the latch is located, it runs from one side of the vehicle to the other, can anyone direct me to this pc or the part number? I've got a 2010 Explorer XLT. Thank you
  8. R

Sat Fault and SDARS module???

Folks, i need some help. just too my 2010 ford explorer that has Sat Fault on it when i try to use XM/Sirius radio, TSB 11-3-3 says radio has to be programmed, well it was programmed today at a cost of $50.00 to me but no luck, dealership says i need a SDARS module, my SDARS module is...
  9. R

Ideas on video set up for new Explorer?

i just picked up a new-to-me 2010 explorer xlt with 55,000 miles, my previous 2004 Explorer i had a touch screen head unit and a monitor in the roof, worked really well. My new Exploere has a sunroof so i don't think i can put a monitor in the roof and it still has the stock am/fm radio that...
  10. R

satellite radio fault?

i just picked up a 2010 ford explorer and just today got a call from XM saying my radio was active and asked if i wanted to continue my subscription, i told the lady i wasn't aware it was activated and when i got to my Sat 1 station it says Sat Fault, well i called the Ford dealership in my town...
  11. R

what octane gasoline to use?

I just purchased a 2010 Explorer XLT with 55,000 miles, its in pristine condition and traded in my 2004 Ford Explorer for it, my 2004 had some ticking and so forth in the engine and wasn't sure if that was from running 87 Octane, what would your recommendation on my new explorer be, 87, 89 or 92...
  12. R

2010 explorer and wind noise

i just picked up a 2010 explorer with 55,000 miles and even before i purchased it i noticed some wind noise from the 2 front doors, i don't know it its the window trim or the door trim causing this but i would like to try to eliminate it, any insight you folks can give me would be greatly...
  13. R

New to me 2010 XLT

Folks I just picked up a new to me 2010 XLT with 55.000 miles and have a couple of questions, first where to get unlock code for keyless entry and second where can I possibly pick up an owners manual for this, it didn't come with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated
  14. R

04 explorer xlt and air conditioning not blowing hard up front??

Folks i have a 04 xlt and it just doesn't seem to blow as hard as i think it should in the 2 middle vents and also the driver side vent, the funny thing was that just now i was cleaning out the tray right below my 2 middle vents and all the change i was getting out was very cold as air was...
  15. R

wanting to clean throttle body and questions?

guys i'm getting a rough idle and went to Oreillys to get some carb cleaner yesterday, while i'm there an employee tells me to take the vaccum hose off the top of the engine that runs to the brake thing that is up against my firewall, i forget the name of it, anyways he tells me to pour Seafoam...
  16. R

TPMS and light on????

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer that has 113,000 miles on it and my TPMS light stays on all the time, from time to time it blinks but then goes back to solid, can anyone recommend any way I can fix this? thank you
  17. R

upper and lower ball joints???

I've had a little "popping" in the passenger side front end and shop told me the ball joints will need replacing within the year, they are ok for now but will need to be replaced. They quoted me for both the front right and front left ball joints with control arms and this includes the upper...
  18. R

New transmission rebuild needed?

Folks, I took my 2004 Explorer XLS 4.0(103,000 miles) to the shop this morning after my Overdrive light started coming on and blinking. Today the shop called me said my 2nd gear is basically gone and will require a rebuild of the tranny. I'm waiting for a guy I know who is a mechanic to tell...
  19. R

need help/adivce on Throttle Body parts?

Folks, my 2004 Ford Explorer 4.0 liter would not crank on me Monday morning, I had it towed to a local shop, they determined it was the Throttle Body and for over a day now he has been trying to get the correct part from the Ford dealership, well this morning they tell him the Throttle Body has...
  20. R

2004 Explorer XLS

Folks, i have a 2004 Explorer that just turned 98,000 miles and within the last several months in the mornings when i first crank it its as though it has a "ticking" sounds coming from it and it sounds like its from the front of the engine, once the automatic chokes goes off its not as bad, any...
  21. R

Keyless entry or not?

Folks, you will have to excuse my ignorance but i have 2004 Ford Explorer with 82,000 miles and have always wanted to put a keyless entry pad on the outside of the door in order to unlock it. My problem is this, is my Explorer equipped for something like this, how do i find out if i can...
  22. R

2004 ford explorer with wind noise.

I need some adivce here please. I have a 04 Ford Explorer and i am having some wind issues coming in around the seals of the windows, the Exp is in very good conditiion as is the rubber seals around the windows, is there anything, besides replacing them, that i could do to eliminate this wind...
  23. R

engine miss/hestiation when driving

I have a miss when i'm right around 50-60 mph, this happened before and i found out it was a cracked spark plug boot, changed wires and all was fine. Now about 6 months later i'm getting the same hestiation/miss but i've checked my plug wires and they are fine, can this be attributed to the...
  24. R

Fuel filter, where is the location?

Folks, i've been looking thru some of these threads and also just picked up a Haynes manual for my 2004 Explorer XLS and i'm getting some different feedback. I want to replace my fuel filter and my Haynes manual says its in front of the fuel tank surrounded by a heat-shield and i'm also getting...
  25. R

Installing keyless pad on my '04 Explorer?

I am wanting to install the keyless entry pad on my drivers side door as it did not come with one from the factory. I can get it done at my local Ford dealership for around $130.00 but was wondering if anyone knew where i could possibly purchase one of these "keyless pads" for a reasonable...
Back