satellite radio fault? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

satellite radio fault?

rockey95

Reaction score
City, State
Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
i just picked up a 2010 ford explorer and just today got a call from XM saying my radio was active and asked if i wanted to continue my subscription, i told the lady i wasn't aware it was activated and when i got to my Sat 1 station it says Sat Fault, well i called the Ford dealership in my town and says they have to reprogram it as its not under the 3 years 36,000 mile warranty, its a 2010 with 56,000. She says to bring it in and they will charge me $50.00, do any of you know a way around this or can my local mechanic, who pulled my keyless unlock codes for free, do this?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may need to do a sync reset. You can pull the fuse and that sometimes does it, or you can get there in the menu on the head unit. I believe these are the steps and it is a frustrating combo of the OK button on the steering wheel and scrolling through the menus on the head unit:

1. Press to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display
6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read RESET DONE.

If you have the one with the big nav screen, this may be different though. However, after a dead battery, the above got our Sat working again.

Thanks for the info on this unfortunately it didn't work, I didnt pull fuse but went thru the steps above.
Thanks again

Folks, i just took my 2010 Explorer to the local Ford dealership here and they updated the programming on my radio and no luck, they are telling me i need the module, my module is 8S4T-18C963-AH, can anyone recommend where something like this can be found reasonably? i'm seeing a few for $100.00 or so but was wanting something more reasonable. I also unhooked the cable from the module and that did not work either unfortunately.
Thanks in advance

Folks, i just took my 2010 Explorer to the local Ford dealership here and they updated the programming on my radio and no luck, they are telling me i need the module, my module is 8S4T-18C963-AH, can anyone recommend where something like this can be found reasonably? i'm seeing a few for $100.00 or so but was wanting something more reasonable. I also unhooked the cable from the module and that did not work either unfortunately.
Thanks in advance

Look on the website:
http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html

Ford
Explorer
Electric Devices, Computers, PROMS,Senors

TSB 11-3-3

View attachment 2010 sat fault.pdf

I also think? I have the same problem...does this seem to be the same issue with me?

MGMGMG yes this is the problem that i have as well, you will need a new module and from what i've seen around $100.00, it will also have to be programmed, not sure what that cost will be.
yes that is the same TSB i showed the local Ford dealership.
Thanks

Back