Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Just cleaned MAF, reset computer or not?

Does the computer need to be reset after I clean the MAF sensor, or does it adjust instantaneously? Thanks Matt
  2. F

Virtual Technologies Boxes

ha, that's what I'm tryin to find! I've just heard of these guys through the grapevine a little bit, I've searched our threads and there isn't much about virtual technologies boxes. but of the people who actually have one, it seems like they're satisfied. does anyone anything about these...
  3. F

The name of the company is actually Virtual Technologies. I was wondering what people think of the boxes they make. Matt
  4. F

Hey guys, I've been hearing about the virtual technologies boxes, but i can't seem to find their web site or much information about them in general. These pretty good boxes or what? Do you like them? Take it easy.. Matt
  5. F

Opinions needed: dump it or keep it?

Hey there, I got a '92 X with 114,000 miles on it and its recently been troublesome. One of my wheels fell off, brakes have been a pain, transmission is now starting to slip and its already been fixed once. My question to you guys is do I a: keep the car and pay for rebuild b: sell it...
  6. F

How is the 91-94 Audiophile system wired

How is the 91-94 Audiophile system wired, in terms of the HU/subwoofer/amp? When would you need to buy a bypass kit for the sub and amp? Thanks Matt
  7. F

Won't move in 1st or Rev w/out excessive throttle

Actually the idle is sorta low (100-200rpms lower than norm)... I never really related the two. But the idle's always a little bit low, and this problem has only ever happened like 4 times? What do you think Matt
  8. F

I've checked the transmission fluid and its normal. Since my first post, this "friction" while moving from a stop hasn't happened at all. But its weird because that day it did happen, it would get stuck everytime i stopped, it wasnt just one time and that was it. But...the next time i drove...
  9. F

Hey guys and gals, I turn to you once again... today my truck started acting up. You know how when you let off the brake while you're in gear and the truck starts to drift slowly? Well something seems to be sticking, when I let off the gas (in drive or reverse), the truck doesn't go...
  10. F

Old friend with new questions: alternator, another battery, new amp...

the amp i have now is pushing a 4 ohm load, i have 1ohm dvcs wired in series for 2 ohms... not the best way to run it... but the jbl will be perfect have any of you upgraded your alternator? im wondering if theres anything i should know...? Thanks MAtt
  11. F

dude, kevin, you're tha man. i just won an auction for a 1200W JBL amp, I am so stoked bro.... I cant wait to start hittin like you do...
  12. F

Ya Van, I've read tons of reviews on that series of JBL amps and haven't heard anything bad... Like you said, lots of power for little $$. But then again I've never actually heard one pushing a sub...
  13. F

Altenator Options

Im looking to do the same thing...go to mralternator.com and they have 200amp alts for $225 for our explorers...
  14. F

Come Xmas I am going to get that $225 200amp alternator from Mr. alternator.com like you guys said...but i have a couple questions about the alternator and putting it in. does it fit in with no mods? is there anything i should be aware of or prepared for, or should it pretty much be a...
  15. F

I'm thinkin about the JBL BP1200.1amp, its a $275 class D amp that pushes 1200W at 2 ohms (which is perfect). Sounds like a good deal??? Thanks, MAtt
  16. F

What do you guys think?? Check out the JBL BP1200.1 and the Audiobahn A2300HCQ... AMPS They are on this page under "special prices," 2nd row down. MAtt
  17. F

The alternator I have is just the stock one... So Im gonna buy a new alt, and ask for an amp for x-mas...I am gonna get another aw1208x, so what would you guys recommend to push those 2 subs? And yes they are dual 1-ohm vcs. Also, those Q-logic kick panels look pretty cool, what do you...
  18. F

Hey guys, heres what I got goin right now.... 1 12" Audiobahn aw1208x 1500W RMS sub a 4-channel Alpine v-12 series amp (240W x 2) and a 1 farad cap. i also have a pioneer HU. So Im only running half of this amp for the sub.... I've been having eletrical difficulties, specifically when...
  19. F

Girlfriend will get me subs for anniversary!

It's been a while!! Well the sub is in the Explorer...been there for about 2-3 onths now and I love having that bass. The dvcs on the 1208x are actually 1 ohm, so we wired them in series for 2 ohms, the amp is giving a 4 ohm load. I'm only using one side of the amp so this summer I want to get...
  20. F

Well are the Ford/JBL highs and mids in the door crap cuz I think they sound pretty good. Maybe the mids they put in dont handle as much midbass freq because the stock sub took care of that instead.... is that right, you think its just the mids, not something hooked up wrong?
  21. F

The crossover is set at 100Hz, I just put it up to see if that was why I wasnt getting the higher bass frequencies, but it didnt help. So is it just the mids in the door that arent hitting those notes? I would swear the notes Im missing should be hitting through the sub...
  22. F

The Pioneer DEH-P6000 is in, the Audiobahn single 12" is in, and the Alpine v12 series 4 chan amp is in!! Im stoked, it hits and sounds good! Gives a good back massage too! One thing: the sub isnt hitting high bass freq notes very well, I'd say it cuts off at about 100Hz. I've adjusted the...
  23. F

Help with Clear Corners

The bottom part is held in by those "snap-in" screws, you just have to give it some elbow grease. I had this problem too, just pull! Matt
  24. F

Audiobahn subs??

Keep em! I just got one, looking forward to getting it in there and hearing it hit. Did you get the chance to hear those 2 12s (I could only afford 1, haha!) ?? Matt
  25. F

Haha!! Maybe I'll just break em all and put in a bunch of new ones! We'll see if I can master taking them out before i get to the last one. Thanks
Back