Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Electrical?

I've already corrected the broken wires and door ajar issues so I know it's not that, unfortunately.
  2. N

Electrical?

Anybody have any ideas?
  3. N

Electrical?

I looked around and couldn't find my problem or even figure out what you would call it. But when my truck is running in park and I turn on my rear window defroster my truck beeps a couple of times while unlocking the drivers side door and turning on the interior lights, but if I'm driving...
  4. N

Truck won't pass inspection OBDII won't connect

Awesome that helps a lot since my book for some reason is an 03 and I know the fuses are listed differently.
  5. N

Truck won't pass inspection OBDII won't connect

I tried searching and I usually have great luck in doing so but I couldn't come up with anyone having trouble with the inspection computer connecting to their truck. I am using a SCT program on my truck could that be the cause of it or is there a known problem with the connector plug in 02...
  6. N

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Before fixing my door ajar light I would have my headlights stay on, doom light stay on all much longer then they where suppose too. Also had alarm going off or not setting correctly. If the spray isn't working then it's most likely either a broken wire (which I didn't have) or the drivers...
  7. N

I know this may sound like a dumb question but did you try respraying with WD-40? People have said that it only lasted about a year before having to redo it. If you've done the broken black wire in the door fix/looked for it and not found it then I think for most of us it's been the drivers...
  8. N

Truck not entering program mode

Older thread but just wanted to say thanks because it helped me fix my problem, though I only got one key to reprogram one is enough for me. My problem happened when I disconnected my battery.
  9. N

It fixed mine and I got the idea from others doing it. My door ajar light would always be on and my alarm would never arm, the dome light would just stay on until the power saving mode kicked in and my alarm would just go off every now and then for no reason..
  10. N

4th Gen/General Mirror Installation on 3rd Gen

Yeah I noticed a few of there 222 negative comments out of the 24k mention it but most where for the wrong or broken part. I did look at Amazon but it was out of stock.
  11. N

Took all 6 switches out? Spraying is for the door latches and hinges not the internal switches. To spray you don't need to do anything other then open and close your doors and liftgates.
  12. N

I don't remember reading it though I might have but you did spray the latches and hinges down with WD40 or liquid wrench? Maybe try doing it again and seeing if you just where unlucky in freeing it up the first time around? Don't forget the liftgate and the liftgate glass.
  13. N

That's too bad you had such a bad experience with them my experience was the complete opposite I ordered mine they arrived quickly and I had one that was broken and they had me just keep the broken one and shipped the replacement right out.
  14. N

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Great video!
  15. N

I would think that they would since a switch is what's used to make or break an electrical connection.
  16. N

Exit Power Delay

I've had the same issue as you and what BigRondo has with and without the door ajar light being on, spraying down the latches and hinges made all those issues go away.
  17. N

Mice in 2002

I've had some in my truck a few times and the only spot where I could see them entering is through a rubber gasket in the firewall opening. I would suggest filling any tiny possible hole you see with steel wool, they hate that stuff!
  18. N

Radio console

I second that. That's some great work!
  19. N

I'm 5'11" and I've found if you're one to sit all the way back in your seat with your back pressed fully against your seat then it's a lot easier to see far back down the road. I have found that they allow you to see the lines in parking spots while backing up, something the stock ones wouldn't do.
  20. N

Recommend a good replacement fuel pump please!

The assembly just drops right in.
  21. N

Mpg

I would second having all your fluids changed but I would not recommend having your transmission flushed unless it has been done before, there have been horror stories from people who started having transmission problems after they had it flushed. I would just change the filter and fluid.
  22. N

Recommend a good replacement fuel pump please!

I just put in a Denso fuel pump assembly about a month ago. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_fuel-pump-hanger-assembly-denso_10116464-p?searchTerm=fuel+pump It was recommended to me to stay away from the Airtex brand, my buddy has installed a few in the...
  23. N

Hard to tell how good the heat works do to the bad weather not being here yet but you can feel it being warm to the touch after it's been running for awhile. Approach lights are dimmer then the stock 02's lights but that really on matters on how much you need them, most people are going to...
  24. N

They're just the cheap aftermarket ones. I think the Ford ones where like 160 a piece or something like that.
Back