Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Fast Idle, help!

Hi i have the exact same problem as you(rough shift and all) i remedy it buy disconnecting the battery for half hour clears the problem for a month to ?... but it does come back. I was about to replace the IAC but i see this is not the issue I suggest you start looking at the TPS, at least thats...
  2. B

02 V8 PCM Update question

Well I just took my Explorer to my local dealer for an O.L.F. and emission test the truck has been idling pretty high this past week (2,300RPM) in park! So I asked them to check for a PCM update and he quoted me $56(1/2 labor) I gave the go ahead, When i got my truck back it was all done there...
  3. B

02 Explorer 4x4 low wont engaged?

An I don't think you should be "DRIVING" in 4X4 low not to good of an idea.
  4. B

Great dash mount bracket idea-opinions?

I thought of that to, and when I'm not using it, it comes out and into my glove box and the vent goes back in. As for the GPS it comes with me all the time.
  5. B

If I did not hollow it out to allow the air through it might of but nothing the front panel vent would fix.
  6. B

Well I had some good ideas as I brainstormed in the machine shop at work and this is what i came up with I hope you guys like it. And yes it does work to keep the window fog free!:thumbsup: Thanks for the reply's it made for some really good brainstorming.
  7. B

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

Nice and clean looking! I like it!
  8. B

Yeah a bit to low, ill test it out this week by blocking it off on my drive to and from work, if it does not work out ill have to try making something to fit along the drivers side piller.
  9. B

Dozier the vent is off to the left hand side so it would be clear out of site. Donner the location I'm looking at is the vent on the dash so the red circle the yellow arrow is just to point out the vent that i circled, I guess I will have to test out to see just how well that side window vent...
  10. B

Ford Explorer 2002 - 4x4

I believe it is behind the glove box is what your looking for. hope this helped oh and welcome!
  11. B

Ok so I got a idea on where to mount my TomTom GPS in my truck but I'm not quite sure it's a good idea to put it there. My idea is to pull that vent I have circled on the dash out, head down to the machine shop at work and machine some aluminum round stock to fit the hole with a platform to...
  12. B

Winter Issues, Drivers Door Stuck "OPEN"

Don't feel left out my friend I to am in the same boat as you truck outside cold weather door from time to time will not latch untill i fiddle with the latch with my key very frusterating.
  13. B

2004 explorer leaking oil

Thats what I was thinking, when the oil gets hot enough it expands and has to relive somewhere.But a picture would be nice:salute:
  14. B

ATE rotor and pad install now clunk?

Just the rotors with the slots, Wagner Thermo quite pads (ceramic).
  15. B

ATE rotor and pad install now clunk?

Yup i installed those on my wifes 2000 Malibu with some thermo quite pads and low and behold a nice clunking sound 3 months later.
  16. B

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

"Im not the type really to do burn outs on every corner, but I probably would try it out after the modification. My purpose for doing it would be for MGP increases." This is exactly what im in it for, so as long as your not lighting them up at every stop there should be 0 problems, it should...
  17. B

I hope someone knows how the drive train works in a 02 any help here on this would be fantastic, as it's getting colder here and would like to do the mod before it's to cold out. Thanks
  18. B

Can anyone confirm this or shoot it down Im ready to do my mod but not willing to burn out my T-case; and besides by cutting the signal to the T case why would the clutch engage anyway?I thought this was the whole purpose to have the t case NOT engadge? If anyone has more technical info on this...
  19. B

Anyone else give this mod a go yet? I ordered my switch today online and i have my relay so as soon as the switch arrives ill do it.
  20. B

2002 XLT Brakes

That sounds about right to me.
  21. B

02 air bag light out??

Yup, it's on so my bulb is not burned out.
  22. B

02 air bag light out??

Well guys I have a question regarding my air bag light it's been on for months (at least 6) with the code 33 (I believe) pass side pretension seat belt code. I have tried all the "fixes" from this site with regards to this problem with no luck. oddly enough for the past week and a bit the light...
  23. B

Are you saying this mod is useless?:roll:
  24. B

Am I right by saying that? if you turn the switch off everything is back to normal and everything works just like from the factory. Thanks
  25. B

4x4 Auto is just the same as AWD well almost the same except for the fact that the computer decides if it engaes or not where AWD is all 4 tires turning all the time.
Back