Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Small Miracles I went out this morning and found that little resistor within 3 minutes. It was in between the drivers seat and the center console. This evening, I confirmed I can't solder worth a hoot, but still managed to get it on the board, get everything back together and as of now...
  2. R

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Not Yet The instructions and pictures were great. I HATE plastic wire harness connectors but managed to get it apart without breaking more than one tab. Once apart, found one of the 510 resistors missing.:( Have to wait now till daylight to search interior of my 01 Sport. If I can't find it...
  3. R

4x4 does not work

Well, the mystery deepens for me. I've not had time to get to the dealer, so just kept trying the 4wd switch every now and then. At first, no response, but then it started to switch on every so often. The more I worked with it, the more it would come on. As of this writing, it seems to be...
  4. R

4WD dash switch does not appear to be working

Have '01 sport with same problem. Other threads mention 4wd module. I'm trying to figure out where the problem is. Schematic for sport trac might help, but really need to know more about the 4wd module, location and removal. I think it's behind the glove box based on sounds made when switching...
  5. R

Just signing in.

Thanks for the advice. I went throught the fuses before even looking on the web. Everything there was OK. I tried checking for voltage from the plug at what I think is the module, but am not even sure the test leads made contact. Also still not positive it's the module I'm looking at. I need to...
  6. R

Just signing in.

I love OC too, but also spend a lot of time in Cumberland. I'm not stuck in 4wd. I had it in, then switched off for a dry stretch of road. When I went to switch it back on, nothing happened. I've posted question in a thread from other's with similar problem...
  7. R

4x4 does not work

I have an '01 sport with similar problem. The switch quit the other night in the middle of a snowstorm. Lights on the right side of the dash light up briefly at start, but no leds on the switch, and I can't hear anything when I try to switch to 4wd like I could before. I looked behind the glove...
  8. R

Just signing in.

Hi all: I was reading up on problems with 4wd switch and need some more info, so registered in order to post. I have an '01 Sport that I purchased in '03. It's been a great vehicle with only a couple of little problems to date. Right now, 4wd switch quit working the other night in the middle...
Back