Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Xpl0rer

plz help asap - won't start after changing plugs

have you found out yet if its a wire or a tube? are there any wires or tubes hanging loose? how many plugs did you check for spark? did you change the wires along with the plugs? the more info you give us to work with the fastest most accurate response will be had.
  2. Xpl0rer

Cam shaft degreeing to increase compression

holy smokes Ian thats the best write up i've seen in quite sometime. very brilliant for a high school student.
  3. Xpl0rer

Exactly no idle!!!

Glad to hear you fixed the prob. :D
  4. Xpl0rer

Bolt sequence and torqe on 96 4.0

Lol 18.5 Ft lbs = 222 inch lbs which is way over what JD said the manual called for.. If my conversion is correct.. do yourself a favor and buy an inch lb torque wrench.. you can pick one up pretty cheap off Harbor Freight along with a whole host of sites on the web.
  5. Xpl0rer

Bolt sequence and torqe on 96 4.0

foot-pounds(ft-lbs) into Newton-metres(Nm) ft/lbs x 1,35 = Nm Newton-metres(Nm) into foot-pounds(ft-lbs) Nm x 0,74 = ft/lbs I found this conversion chart... if i did the conversion correct it would be step 1 3-6 ft lbs step 2 6-11 ft lbs step 3 11-15.5 ft lbs step 4...
  6. Xpl0rer

first gen...fuel gauge or sending unit???

Its not registering at the dash? or at the check valve? If your gas gauge isnt working, its more than likely got something to do with the float.
  7. Xpl0rer

intermitent hard start 93 ranger

I never recomend changing anything just because it has so many miles on it. Although it sounds like you have isolated the problem. If you are atleast 98% sure its in the pump, go for it.
  8. Xpl0rer

need A4LD help

I would surely let them know to find a new profession... I hope you don't recomend these clowns to anyone. On a serious note i would definately asked them what they are prepared to do if this time doesnt work... It's an obvious inconvenience, and fairly stupid that they cant get a simple...
  9. Xpl0rer

No start... bad news.

luck chuck
  10. Xpl0rer

A small maintenance costs comparison... Explorer vs Pathfinder

Jap is Crap... need we say more?
  11. Xpl0rer

Harley F-250 Flames on my X

I'd rock them flames for sure... why the hell not?
  12. Xpl0rer

removing shifter handle

which tranny do you have? Is it the stock transmission? If its the M5od there are just 4 bolts. When i put my M5OD in i just put the tranny in neutral and pulled the 4 bolts and it came right up. what is your reasoning pulling the stick?
  13. Xpl0rer

Bw1354 out again, shift it by hand?

Well if you're bumper deep in mud you probably cannot access the shift motor very easily. to turn it by hand you have to remove the shift motor and then you'd be able to switch it with vice grips or something of that nature. your best bet is find a buddy with a truck/tractor near by and pull...
  14. Xpl0rer

93 Explorer , New project

how much gas is in it? you can drain the tank by disconnecting the line right before your fuel filter, and turning your key on and off.. i would definatley not recomend this. fyi you cannot clean the fuel injectors yourself if you took them to the dealership they might be able to help you...
  15. Xpl0rer

Problem fixed. Wow, I was really suprised.....

if you do a search on here, you'll find many complaints about bosch plugs with fords ingnition system. might try moto-craft platinum or double plat next tune up.. that being said i would strongly sugguest the search button, it will be your best friend in a "need to get this going" pinch. best...
  16. Xpl0rer

clunking when shifting into R and also Drive

you may wanna check your u-joints to start off... let us know how u-joints look and im sure others will jump in after the u-joints have been axed off the list.... ~troy~
  17. Xpl0rer

M5OD Length

i hooked a tape to top of the bellhousing and it was 29-1/4" with tape pulled tight, to the end of the tail piece. gl ~troy~
  18. Xpl0rer

4.0 M5OD No 3rd gear?

check out Brooklyn Bays exploded pics.. this will prepare you for what you are about to get into. hope this helps.. ~troy~ http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159665 there are also some more links through out that thread that will help you
  19. Xpl0rer

How to: 1st GEN HEADLIGHT IMPROVEMENT DIARY (PICS)

very nice man excellent write up as usual :D ill be sure to do this improvement as mine look almost like yours... ~troy~
  20. Xpl0rer

92 explorer sprot t-case/tranny help?!?!??

The grind/coast/no reverse issue is a common problem. The shift rail bores get oblonged, the shift fork fails to hold the planetary gears in position, and on deceleration, the gears grind. Run a search and you'll find plenty of answers. ^^ posted by gijoecam sounds about the same to me.
  21. Xpl0rer

are they all the same?

do yourself a favor and buy the remote trans filter, if you must have it.
  22. Xpl0rer

Urgent!

lmfao @ hitting the terminal with a hammer, i'm fairly destructive in a way too i may try it sometime ;) ~troy~ and i about lost it with the imius jokes love em. ;)
  23. Xpl0rer

Think my fuel pump went out, please help

did you just replace the pump? if not what all did you do? what was the cost? let us in on the good stuff ;) glad ya X is back n running again, ~troy~
  24. Xpl0rer

seafoam and throttle response

19 mpg looking good ;) keep us posted as your progress continues ~troy~
  25. Xpl0rer

auto to manual swap in progress

sorry man lol thought ya forgot about me :( but hey thanx i always like to have a second and third opinions on things before its actually before me. :D ~troy~
Back