Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Remote car starter

I have a brand new automate AM6.2 remote car starter kit. I never installed as you can see from the pics. Also there is only 1 remote but Automate sells them pretty cheap. 50.00 plus shipping.
  2. C

2002 Sport Trac tranny leak STILL!!!!!

Ok I have had my truck in the shop 4 times for this leak and the shop cannot fix it. The leak is coming from the extension housing that the t-case mounts to. I have replaced the 2 gaskets myself once to no avail. My BIG question for hopefully an all knowing exeprt is this: Is the...
  3. C

for sale thread

Check the vehicles for sale thread, mine is in it. Will have updated pics by this weekend. You can also click any of the links in my sig as well.
  4. C

2002 Sport Trac HVAC

Anyone have an issue where your A/C and Heater blower settings only work on high?
  5. C

Wanted Transfer case

I am looking for a transfer case for my Sport Trac. I will take an electric, manual, or an Atlas if you were thinking about selling it.
  6. C

Track Bar

OK I need some help here. I have my truck on jackstands as I am redoing my rear shackle mounts from my SAS. My question is my track bar. When I took the rear shackles off, I noticed the track bar was pulling the axle over to the drivers side, and was causing a major bind. So my question is...
  7. C

Pinion seal

Ok I did a search and did not find my answer. So my pinion seal is leaking, and I am thinking I can just pull the driveshaft, pull the yoke off and replace the seal without messing with the crush sleeve. Am I crazy for thinking this? Anyone done this?
  8. C

Poly Performance Shocks question

Anyone run these shocks? I am thinking about trying them since they have different valving for leafs and coils.
  9. C

Nitto tire question/comparison

I currently have BFG KM2 MT's on my truck, and they are shot. So I was looking at trying the Nitto Trail Grappler MT. Little cheaper then the BFG 's. Plus I got stuck several times on a muddy hill with my BFG's. Anyone else try these Nittos?
  10. C

Custom Radius arm VS. 3 Link

So my question is: What would make a better D.D and part time wheeler? I currently have my SAS on leafs, but I am going to cut it up very soon. I am looking at the Ballistic Fab radius arm brackets that have the coil spring mount on them. And just build my own radius arm/Y link. Or would it be...
  11. C

SAS Steering question

I am re-doing my steering setup on my truck, and my question is kinda silly but here goes. What size is the DOM tubing for the links? I have the 7/8x18TPI Left and Right hand taps at my house, and want to just tap the links in lieu of using the welded inserts.
  12. C

ABS Module removal

I am thinking about removing the ABS module from under the hood so I can gain some room for possible coilovers. Anyone know off hand what is invloved in this project? I was thinking a proportioning valve, connect the 2 front lines into 1 line, and be done.. Not sure if the master cylinder...
  13. C

SAS Part 2 the rebuild

OK I have made the decision that I am going to redo my SAS. I would like to do a radius arm setup, and hopefully use my current grand waggy axle. So my question is does anyone know if the axle is wide enough to use the weld on wedges? Or will I have to get some builder brackets and modify...
  14. C

New SAS steering project

Well I am having some clearance issues with my steering on my truck and I am thinking of redoing it and making it a crosspver style. So my question is can I use a reamer to install my tierods ends from the bottom of the knuckle? I will then use my high steer arm on the pass side for the drag...
  15. C

Dana 44 Axle question

I have completely forgot what the dimension is for the one leaf spring u bolt that goes on the differential side of the D44. Can anyone help me I was thinking 3 5/8"????
  16. C

Rear disk brake question

I just installed the Ford Racing rear disc kit on my Sport Trac. But the way I have to install the pads is really bizarre because of the locking tabs on the pads. Am I missing something really easy here to remove the caliper? Right now i have to halway remove the outer pad until I can rotate...
  17. C

powertrax locker Broke

Well looky what I discovered this weekend. I hope these can be replaced so I do not have to buy a whole new locker unit. Anyone see this before?
  18. C

Rear Disk brake conversion question

I am using the Ford Racing M2300-G rear disk conversion kit on my Sport Trac. But there are 3 items that are not found in my Ford service manual in the rear disk exploded diagram. Can anyone tell me what these would be used for? I know this kit works for the 8.8 and the 9" axles. (Edit)...
  19. C

Brakes after my SAS

For those that have done the SAS, did you remove your ABS module from the engine compartment? My brakes do not feel as strong as the were before the SAS, and lately I have had to pump them to get the brakes working well. And I still have a soft pedal. Also my other problem is that my rear...
  20. C

Need some help with my alignment

Ok I did my SAS last year, and I am still having tire wear issues. I am assuming the only adjustment to be made on SAS'ed vehicle is toe, and caster? Camber should be fixed, and caster is fixed once the axle is installed, unless you add shims to move it, correct?. So why am I still...
  21. C

Looking for aftermarket seats

Can anyone recomend some aftermarket seats to put in my Sport Track?
  22. C

Looking for new seat cushion and seat cover

I am looking to replace my drivers side seat cushion and leather cover. I get the part numbers and find out it is no longer available!!!! WTF the truck is a 2002. Anyone know where to get these items? 1L5Z3562901CAD 1L5Z35632A22BA
  23. C

Sport Trac Slider build has begun..

Went and picked up some steel yesterday. I bought 22' of 2x4x3/16" rectangular tube. Got it for $5.00/foot could not believe it. So I cut 2 pieces at 6.5' for the sliders and the rest will be for the mounting arms. Will take some pics today.
  24. C

Possible axle issue???

Couple questions: 1. Since an ARB up front and Warn lockouts can you drive with the hubs locked in, with the t-case off? My reason for this question is when we got some snow a week ago I drove with the hubs locked in and only switched into4wd if I hit a bad spot of snow. But i was thinking...
  25. C

Brake rotors on my D44 Axle

How do you remove the rotors from the hub assembly? I need to have mine replaced or turned doen.
Back