Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Stuck in LOW 4X4

Will this work on an auto 4x4? My 02 has the automatic 4x4. Will this be the same? Kind of sucks because we have 2 more months of winter left.
  2. B

Stuck in LOW 4X4

I have an 02 Explorer. Started it up, and it's stuck in low. Put it into neutral, pressed the 4 high button, 4 low flashed. Put it into park, same thing. I replaced the 4x4 module last summer, so I'd hope that it is good. Please help ASAP.
  3. B

Rear Wheel Bearing replacement.

Afraid of that.... Is this something I can just buy. I think the cost of the tool will be cheaper then the shop rates....
  4. B

Rear Wheel Bearing replacement.

Well I'm determined that this is the vehicle that is to break me. It needs new rear wheel wheel bearings. Did the fronts, zapped the tranny. Rear air/heat has the clunking noise. Power window, and door lock actuator don't work...... Now it's the rear wheel bearings. Is this an easy project. I...
  5. B

2002 Wheel bearing tightness/torque?

Thanks!! It's an 02 4.0 with automatic 4x4. I greatly appreciate your help.
  6. B

2002 Wheel bearing tightness/torque?

I posted a post requesting help with the torque for the wheel bearing on my 02 Explorer. I have had a few responses. The one I got that had the most detail, seems very high, but is it correct. I had a friend look in several of his Ford Chiltons, and seemed to all be 20-30 LBS. Is this thing...
  7. B

How tight for a front wheel bearing?

Hmmm. Well I'm still at a loss. Called my local and got the bring it in! Bad thing is I had no issues before this drove great.
  8. B

How tight for a front wheel bearing?

I am looking for the torque for the front wheel bearings on an 02 Explorer. I replaced, but now have a terrible jerking at 60-75 MPH. Did I over tighten? 30 lbs of torque to much? in desperate need for some help here. This thing is listed for sale, and want it fixed ASAP. Appreciate all help...
  9. B

Replaced Front wheel bearing....

I need help in a bad way!! I had a front wheel bearing go bad, replaced with a new, torqued it to 30#. Not sure if that's right torque or not. Noticed that the outer was a little sloppy, and that the sway bar bolt was busted in half. So I ran out and got the sway bar bolt and bushings replaced...
  10. B

Door remote not working?

In the owners manual it states how to program. I followed the instructions, on/off 8 times press any button..... I got the first initial try to work, but it will never work again. I was wondering if there is something that is losing memory.
  11. B

Door remote not working?

I have an 02 XLT. I bought the Ex used and it came with 1 remote fob, that didn't work. Put in new battery and still didn't work. I purchased new ones on eBay, and still nothing. Is there something inside the truck that accepts this signal normally? Is this a common issue. It's just a pain to...
  12. B

02 4x4 V8 Eddie Bauer Jerking in Drivetrain

I have the same jerking problem in my 02 XLT. I did the plug wire changes, cleaned the IAC Valve, and took it to a tranny shop. After joining this forum, I'm getting mixed reviews. Mine has all the same symptoms, but it still does it when I place it into 4x4 high. Usually this is where it stops...
  13. B

What do you do for a living?

I make Cap'n crunch cereal! Peanut Butter and Berries as well
  14. B

Rough idle, strange shifts, 02 XLT

So I can purchase this, and install in my driveway? I'm a decent Meachanic, but all in all I just want to unload this vehicle.
  15. B

Rough idle, strange shifts, 02 XLT

Hello all, and thanks in advance. I am registered in another forum for Cadillacs, and found that these forums are the best of help. What I( have is a 2002 Explorer, 4.0 Auto 4x4. No check engine light, no codes. In between shifts, I get a vibration.... almost a stumble. then when on the road, at...
Back