Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Lift

Will a ranger lift work with a few mods for my 02 sport trac? I've heard that the front ends are the same.
  2. H

Today is the day I embark on a V8 swap....

Yea. My mustang was an 88 GT 5.0 HO there were a few of the older motors running around in town cars and broncos. I can just remember my mom's town car running a different timing than my mustang. I wana say 3 and 5 were switched,It seems like there were a few crossover years for the 5.0 as...
  3. H

The heads on the explorer 5.0 have better flow/ are capable of more horsepower. Back when I had my mustang all the guys were swapping the gt40 heads for a cheap hp boost. The only difference in the intake is the height,longer runners for more tourqe. I've never seen a 5.0 roller that you...
  4. H

If you've got the mountaineer ,you've got everything you need for an allwheel drive sport trac. If you want to have 4 low and two wheel drive youll have to get some more parts. I will say that it prob best to have another vehicle to drive as the swap might take longer than weekend motor swap...
  5. H

Need some knowledge about pistons.

Need some knowledge about pistons.
  6. H

Repair or sale ?

I got the specs on it,yea it's about 30 inches wide. Lots of mods to fit it. I've got a an older 5.0 explorer that I can get to move the parts over from. But it'll need to be totally rebuilt including trans and transfrecase. I would prob have as much money in that swap as I would in coyote...
  7. H

Repair or sale ?

Ive got a supercharged 4.0 sport trac that had a #2 piston that didn't get along with blower. Needless to say a small piece of the top of ring land chipped off. I got the piece out,put spark plug back in and fired up no prob. Compression checked out ok too. I'm not Gona drive it like that or...
  8. H

Mls headgasket

I built all the parts myself. The actual blower snout was two inches longer as well. Cut it down and welded it back up to keep machining down to a minimum.
  9. H

Mls headgasket

Not sure how to add pictures on here. I'll try later.
  10. H

Mls headgasket

Is going with mls headgasket and studs going to be enough for supercharger application?it's my understanding that 4.0 sohc come with mls from factory. I've already gone through two sets. One on my old motor. Had 200,000 miles so I can't complain there. But my new motor has less than 50,000 miles...
  11. H

Put new motor in my truck and it did not care for the blower to much. Need new headgasket now...

Put new motor in my truck and it did not care for the blower to much. Need new headgasket now. Prob going with studs as well.
  12. H

Not happy.

Not happy.
  13. H

Still looking for programmer. I've got my mp90 Magnison supercharger on my sport trac making 5...

Still looking for programmer. I've got my mp90 Magnison supercharger on my sport trac making 5 psi right now. Looking for help with program.
  14. H

Programmer needed.

I'm looking for someone who can program my sport trac. I've got a Magnison mp90 supercharger on it with a snow methanol kit. Dough Stewert from old bama performance did all my other programming, but not for my blower setup. I live in Tallahassee Florida. Any help would be appreciated.
  15. H

Confused.

Confused.
  16. H

ARP headstuds

I haven't been on here in almost two years, since life happens,(got married)lol. Anyway, I blew a head gasket on my trac after installing a Magnison mp 90 supercharger on it. Getting a new motor soon.Is there a benefit to installing ARP head stud kit on a stock set of headgaskets in the new...
  17. H

I haven't been here in along time.im installing an mp90 supercharger on my 02 sport trac.my...

I haven't been here in along time.im installing an mp90 supercharger on my 02 sport trac.my tuner abandoned me and I need info on tuner.Im runin excal3 old Doug Stewart tune right now.Im sure your all aware Bama tunes kinda screwed us truck guys outa of tunes for life programs.need help ASAP.I...
  18. H

gears

im looking into geting 4.10s with a locker for my 02 st are all sport tracts 31 spline axles?how hard is it to put the gears in ?and what about the locker is it a pain ? does anyone have any of these parts used here? ill also need to swap the grears in the front axle.is it alot harder that...
Back