Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

4X4 Question...

I got a 2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 and i have a few questions on how my 4x4 works. Say if i got stuck while in 2x4 and i push for 4x4 wait till light turns on and then give it gas i get a loud clunk then 4x4 is engaged. Another thing is if i am already in 4x4 put in reverse to back up then put...
  2. R

Front Diff oil change...

yes thank you and how much do i need?
  3. R

Front Diff oil change...

So what oil do i use for the front differential?
  4. R

Front Diff oil change...

i got a 2002 explorer 4.0 4x4. I was reading people are sayng that 70-140w is best to use. Is this correct?
  5. R

Front Diff oil change...

I want to change my front differential oil but how exactly do i do it? I should use Full synethetic 70-140w gear oil correct and how much do i need? What do i need to do the job? Where is the drain and fill plug? thanks
  6. R

XCal 3 Tunes?

I hear the mileage tunes dont really do much for mpg what other tunes could i get other than mileage,towing and performance? Also where is the computer boxcode number i need located?
  7. R

XCal 3 Tunes?

I am getting ready to purchase a Xcal 3 for my 2002 Explorer 4.0 and was wondering how everyone likes theres? I would like a mileage, towing and performance tune. Will i see noticeable gains in these 3 areas with the Xcal 3? Should i make towing and performance tune on 93 octane and mileage 87...
  8. R

What chip/computer tune do you have?

Those with the mileage tune what did you gain? Those with performance and torque tune whats the difference between the two? Shift points? Could you feel a hp difference?
  9. R

Those with the mileage tune what did you gain? Those with performance and torque tune whats the difference between the two? Shift points? Could you feel a hp difference?
  10. R

I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 with a cold air intake and exhaust and i was thinking of getting one of these xcals. Which one should i get xcal2 or 3?Would you guys say its worth the $389? I hear it comes with 2 tunes i would like a mileage one and i dont know what i want my other one to be i...
  11. R

Best Place to get your computer reprogrammed/customized..

I am thinking of getting one of these chips to help with gas and give me some more power. I know theres alot of threads out there about this stuff but i was just wondering which one do you guys recommend. Those that have them which do you have and was it worth the money? What did you gain from...
  12. R

Henson Performance Chips?

Ok thanks man ill be buying the excal2 after i get my exhaust on.
  13. R

Whistling Noise?

I just installed a volant cold air intake on my ex and i noticed i now have a whistling noise under the hood. Is this normal.
  14. R

Ok well hey guys thanks for the help.
  15. R

Anyone experience with the chips that henson offers?
  16. R

Well im not a big modder i have a cold air intake i might do exhaust and now im thinking of this chip. I wont be doing anything else to my EX. Im looking for better gas mileage as well as power. So im thinking im better off with the chip than with the flasher. Right?
  17. R

How much of a difference in power and gas mileage is between the flasher and the programed chips? Anyone have expeirence?
  18. R

Whats the difference between the XCalibrator2 and the 3 tune Pack? Do I have to buy the SCT programer to run the 3 tunes or does it have its own tuner?
  19. R

4.0 Exhaust?

I was wondering which ehaust give this engine a nice rumble from idle all the way through the RPMS? My main goal is to get some better gas mileage and maybe some extra ponies. I see that many of you used Flowmasters and say that it gets kinda ricey. So which do you guys recommend for the 3rd gen...
  20. R

4.0 Exhaust?

I was wondering which ehaust give this engine a nice rumble from idle all the way through the RPMS? My main goal is to get some better gas mileage and maybe some extra ponies. I see that many of you used Flowmasters and say that it gets kinda ricey. So which do you guys recommend for the 3rd...
  21. R

Underdrive pulley

Hey guys i was reading the forums looking for ways to get some more HP out of my X and i came across this underdrive pulley thread. Who has done this? Any increased MPG? Is the increase in Hp noticeable. Was it worth the money and where did you get yours from because i cant find it. Thanks
  22. R

Cold Air Intake?

Has anyone done this to there ford explorer? What kind did you get? Where can I get best price? Any noticeable HP or MPG? Thanks I got a 2002 ford explorer 4.0. I see people talking about this KKM Intake which is only $90. How is this product? Would i gain anything by getting the K&N cold air...
  23. R

2002 Explorer Tranny Prob....

it has 90,000 miles I did fuild change last weekend mercon v went in. There in no consistency in the way it shifts.When on the gas it feels good nice firm,sharp upshifts.When just taking off from stop in feels like there is a lag between 1st and 2nd and shifts are week. Then the next stop I...
  24. R

2002 Explorer Performance Chips...

Which chips seem to work the best for the 2002 explorer 4x4 (4.0)? Which one did you buy and what was the change? Did you feel a noticeable increase? Also would not like to spend too much just seeing whats out there. thanks
  25. R

2002 Explorer Tranny Prob....

plugs and wires...
Back