Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How to: Ford Explorer Blower Motor Control Module - Replacement

Hey man, not only is your solution possible...its waaaay better. I should never have left my connection as is. If you find the pigtail, please post the part number. I'll upgrade mine too! Thanks Pete
  2. P

A couple more images, I may have flipped the controller over before I took a picture, but let me know if you want some more clarity.
  3. P

wire diagram Here's a link to the way the wires go... http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/pmaropak/Slide1.jpg I'd disconnect the blower controller, it seems like it's grounding through the motor, which is why it's on all the time. You do have AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL don't...
  4. P

elGat0, Let me have look around to see how I wired it. The fact that you're running power with the Key OFF is a concern! And the Check Engine Light? What code is it? Its easter weekend, I will try to get something to you Saturday night. Yes you need the part RU539, and I think if you look...
  5. P

Alright, I'm not the best searcher ever (believe me I try, however, I often find it hard to find what I'm looking for). so it took me forever to find some instructions on how to deal with a problem with my 1996 EATC. The blower in the automatic climate control system was blowing 100% full...
  6. P

Torsion Bar conundrum!

3lb....x...5lb....CHECK!!! I soaked it in penetrating oil overnight, placed it down on a 6x6, stood on it, I placed a 1' round piece of steel in the hex groove and gave it to high heaven!, but really about 3 solid strikes with no movement, then the 1/4" slide.. Then one more 1/2 move, and the...
  7. P

Torsion Bar conundrum!

I'm in the middle of a lower control arm job and I'm having a huge issue with the torsion bars. I have a 1996 4x4 4l OHV. She's old and rusty. I had an enormous b*%ch trying to get the control arms off. The bolts were completely siezed, I cut them both and popped out the ball joint... I...
  8. P

Driver Power Window Jams

grease up the track!! I've had the same problem with my 96 EB. Drivers window would go down really slowly. If I tried the auto down function, I'd hear the relay click and the window would stop. if I held it down, the window would crawl down really slowly until about 1/2 way, then it would...
  9. P

Need help on power window please.

Same problem, now fixed I had the same problem. Diver's window would go down at a snails pace, the one touch module would click and then the window would stop. If I held the down button, the window would 'crawl' to the fully open position. It would go up just fine, but down would be a...
  10. P

P0401 Potential Cause

My 1996 explorer was throwing the dreaded P0401, and it has be driving me nuts for over a year now. I just simply ignored it. So, I've replaced the DPFE about 6 months ago, still pulled the code, I bought an egr valve about 2 months ago, but it was way too cold it install it. So yesterday, I...
  11. P

EGR Insufficient Flow Check Engine Light

Possible alternative?!?! I was having the same code on my 96 Ex P0401, and it has be driving me nuts for over a year now. I just simply ignored it. So, I've replaced the DPFE about 6 months ago, still pulled the code, I bought an egr valve about 2 months ago, but it was way too cold it...
  12. P

Temperature Guage...I think

Thanks Budwich! If I get the H temp readings again, I'll run with out a thermostat to verify the engine runs cold. So far, every problem I've had with my truck has your name in the threads that I've searched (or posted) Thanks a ton!
  13. P

I changed the thermostat and at first there was not effect. The truck was still showing hot, however from touching the hoses it was not actually hot. So I set off on a 40 minute trek and the temperature guage was pinned to HOT. Then about 10 mintues into the ride the guage moved back to normal...
  14. P

I have a problem with my temerature guage.... I think! My 4.0L has an intermittent problem with my temperature readings. When I start it up, sometimes the guage climbs up to H (soon to be followed by the red Check Guage Light, and the onboard computer beep "check engine temp") it takes about...
  15. P

Driverside Door Handle

springs I had this happen on my 96.... a couple of ring springs were later found in the door body, broken. The handle needs to come off.
  16. P

heating and cooling

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the 'blend door' in the heater housing. If the heat was on, I'd melt, and if I had the AC on I'd freeze. The one clue I had was this. The heat was on, initially I'd get nothing but cold. However when I'd stop I'd hear a clunk, then the heat...
Back