• Register Today It's free!

heating and cooling

hatch4

Reaction score
City, State
minot nd
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
in my explorer i can not the inside temp to be at a comfortable level it is eather realy hot or with the ac on max it will get cold i think something in the system is bad but i dont know what i change out the temp swich but that must not have been the problem please help

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the 'blend door' in the heater housing. If the heat was on, I'd melt, and if I had the AC on I'd freeze. The one clue I had was this. The heat was on, initially I'd get nothing but cold. However when I'd stop I'd hear a clunk, then the heat would come - and it would not stop.

IF it is the blend door, there is a fix posted and it costs a whopping 3Cent nail and some of your time!

Good luck

Sounds like the dreaded blend door problem.

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the 'blend door' in the heater housing. If the heat was on, I'd melt, and if I had the AC on I'd freeze. The one clue I had was this. The heat was on, initially I'd get nothing but cold. However when I'd stop I'd hear a clunk, then the heat would come - and it would not stop.

IF it is the blend door, there is a fix posted and it costs a whopping 3Cent nail and some of your time!

Good luck

where is the blend door located at

Back