Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

It's been great

The old girl finally gave up last week. Bottom end fried, compression issues... My buddy the mechanic warned me that it might have been too high-mileage to do the heads and I knew that but figured I'd give it a shot. We were moving and due to logistics I was going to have to sell her anyway...
  2. W

Lift finally installed

Yup, had these shackles (Warrior) and 2" springs (Rough Country) for a year or so, sitting around, gathering dust. Finally put them in today. The shackles took about 15 minutes, used a bottle jack between the spring and the frame to line up the bolts. Saw that in someone's thread and though it...
  3. W

Winch finally installed

My lovely wife bought me a winch 4 years ago and we have been dragging it around ever since. I wanted to get a proper winch plate, then was going to make one, you know how that goes. So, my buddy is a Rough Country dealer and sells me stuff for cost, I used to work for him about 10 years ago...
  4. W

Explorer Ranger TTB list of useful links

OK, so I am far from an expert on the D35 TTB but every time someone does a thread on modifying theirs I get all excited and start thinking about what to do with my own. In the past few years I have collected quite a few links in relation to the TTB in the 1st gen Ex and I’m pretty sure lots of...
  5. W

2000 Tracker front diff issue

I put this thread in the Zuke forum because I don't believe Chev made any of this thing really. Anyway, 2000 Chev Tracker 4dr, 4wd, 5 speed 130,000 kms. 4 wheel drive hasn't worked for a short time, I hadn't had the time to figure out why but today I noticed that while driving in 2wd there...
  6. W

My plan for lift '93 4 dr Ex

So, I have been wanting to lift my Ex since I bought it. It has 31" tires on it so I only want to lift it a couple inches. After a great deal of reading and head scratching I have come up with the following plan: - 2" front coils - F250 shock mounts - longer front brake lines - + 8"...
  7. W

Painted that faded trim around the back window '93

I decided that I should repaint that black trim on the rear hatch today, I started off repairing the paint where my taillights rubbed through the paint and caused rust then just kept going. I started by taping everything off then sanding the pitted area, should have taken before pics...
  8. W

Radius Arm Bushing replacement/Newfoundland come-along.

Hello folks, I had the day off so I thought that I would spend part of the day changing the driver's side radius arm bushing on my 1st gen. I had already changed the passenger side or rather a buddy of mine did it while I watched. (He's a licenced mechanic, I am a hack) He used a air chisel and...
  9. W

Static with aftermarket head unit, '93 XLT

Question for you audio gurus... I have had two different head units in my '93 XLT, one a Pioneer (about 20 years old) and now some cheap made in china unit I got for Christmas (that will play MP3's). In both cases there is a constant static noise when the unit is powered up. I'm guessing...
  10. W

A4LD Troubles

Hey guys, I have a basicly stock '94 XLT 4dr, 295,000 kms on the origional A4LD trans and engine. I did a fluid change and filter this past summer and all was well. This past Friday I discovered that the torque converter clutch wasn't locking. I figured that I'd look into it in a...
  11. W

ABS design flaw?

I have a '93 XLT and I don't have many complaints regarding Ford's engineering. I do have a complaint about what I consider a design flaw in the ABS system... While braking, if you hit a big bump or pothole, the ABS kicks in and seems to reduce braking effect to the extent that I feel like...
Back