Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Need help with navigation system update

Just an update on this. I called the most reliable Ford dealer in the area and he shot me down quick. Said they didn't even have access to these which I find hard to believe and said to call the radio manufacturer. I ended up getting one from a guy on ebay that seems to sell them on a regular...
  2. B

Need help with navigation system update

My daughter has a 2006 Mountaineer with the factory navigation system in it. She has requested an update cd/dvd for her Christmas this year. Anybody got any ideas where to get a good deal on this? Any suggestions what to do or not to do? Any help or advise would be appreciated (I am old and...
  3. B

All these dual exhaust threads....got me thinkin bout my 4.0...

Yes larger longer mufflers are typically quieter, I was referring to the depth of sound. I have added large tips to dual exhaust systems and made them a considerably deeper tone. When my wife's 02 Explorer was 2 days old I split the exhaust after the rear axle, used some leftover stainless steel...
  4. B

All these dual exhaust threads....got me thinkin bout my 4.0...

What sounds good is simply a matter of opinion. A good general rule is that the fatter and longer the tail pipe the deeper the final sound. That's why a lot of cars have the muffler at the very back, it's the quietest it can be that way.
  5. B

How To Install A Flowmaster Muffler (w/Pics)

Hello, sorry to jump in so late after the posting but I am a newbie here. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Brian and I have been in the exhaust business for just over 30 years (pretty silly on my part) owned my shop for about 14 years now. What you did was pretty good for a DIY, the only...
  6. B

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Here is what I did. Please keep in mind this is my first use of a new camera, first use of photobucket and first time trying to link a picture to a text thread and I am an old man that doesn't understand most of todays stuff so give me a break if it doesn't work right the first 8 or 9...
  7. B

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Did this yesterday and it worked like a charm. Wife happy = me happy, thanks for the useful tip!
Back